Musical blocks

So there I was, randomly hitting away at refined metal and machined metal blocks at @Kawwak’s ironie island in Munteen.

And then I thought… Hey, these blocks sound quite nice by themselves, but what if there were drum blocks? They could be made with fibre or creature skins and metals, depending on the type of sound they would have. Maybe even gem drums for a tuned crystal noise.

They could be interacted with, like with an interface, to be tuned to a specific note, and the totem could be used to safely hit them without breaking them to play the note; Place several drums next to each other and have a band play a music.

Not that I’m good at anything musical. In fact I’m very horrible, but I thought it would still be an interesting take on the whole musical block thing, and it could easily be used by communities for several different reasons.

10 Likes

That could be indeed fun, and even more with friends!

If we have the possibility to have on top of that an item with a definable hit speed, I’d love it ^o^

2 Likes

Yeah, something like a drumming instrument I suppose?

Yes!

Reminds me of this;

6 Likes

Great idea! I also had the idea of blinking blocks, Piano blocks, Letter blocks, oort language blocks, etc.

2 Likes

I also thought of the ide that someone should offer oort shards to use portals but, …you know. Great idea @NerArth

3 Likes

Resurrecting this thread because I was reading a book about change ringing (playing all the permutations of N notes on church bells), and ever since then the various pitches of block-whacks make me think of bells and changes. (Altho, my brain is AWFUL with actually trying to figure out changes, so I am glad I break most blocks in 2 hits. Because I can just about work out a two-element permutation…but only just :roll_eyes:)

So! craftable tower bells, with different pitches? We could have concerts! It’d be great!

5 Likes

you should have note block with arrow witch plays the tune if touched