My Exoplanet Feedback

I’m at work and want to kill time, so…

Went to Vandar last night, swiftly left to go to Gotho (Eu) where there wasn’t any lag. Awesome job on spawning a couple more Exoplants to disperse the funnel and reduce lag - super fast, great idea and it worked :+1:

Finding my First Rift

It was difficult because I didn’t know the best altitude to mine at… Which I love! I like not knowing everything about everything. I soon figured out that around 35 was a decent level and after I found my first few nodes. Turns out I was spot on, word quickly spread in game and on the forums of the best altitudes.

The Mining Experience

I was on my miner who has all the mining traits like 8/8 Power, 5/5 Hammer Mastery, 1/1 Hammer Epic and 1/1 Damage Epic etc. I was also using a 3x3 Diamond Hammer forged with +20 Damage (very good hammer).

I was able to 2 shot blocks with no need for other buffs like Strength brews. I’m sure was a strength brew a would be able to 1 shot the blocks. In my opinion, the only hammers that should be able to 1 shot blocks should be the new Rift/Umbris/Blink Hammers. Just because, if you can one shot with a gem hammer, then why bother with a Lucent Gem Hammer? But I haven’t seen these hammer so maybe they have awesome durability or crazy speed? But I feel like, from a progression point of view, the blocks on these T7 planets should have more health?

The Creatures

Ouch.

The Terrain

The terrain is quite difficult to get around in most places, lots of pits and things that require long grapples to traverse. Which is exactly what I expect from a world as dangerous as a Tier 7 :ok_hand:

They look amazing, refer to the screenscreen shot thread for examples. Only a few planets so far but I’m assuming they will have new block colours on them (new vs the permanent worlds) - thia is the main thing I’m excited about, collecting new colours - especially as building is my favourite thing in Boundless. I don’t expect every colour uses to be previously unseen, but at least a couple new colours per planet would be great (which is what I saw from the planets I visited). Although I won’t be using he new colours in my builds, I’m still eager to collect them :smile:

Summary

Great response time dealing with the lag.

Dangerous planets, just like we were promised.

The blocks could be a bit tougher to break.

Beautiful terrain and awesome to see new colours.

Also, the cost of warping I’m perfectly fine with, its enough that people will have to decided if they want to invest their time exploring the new planets. And once they are there, they want to get the most “bank/bang for their buck” (no idea what that saying is now I’ve got to write it down lol)

14 Likes

Heres stats for rift hammer.

I had. 8 power. Hammer epic and dmg epic
So thats gonna be around 10k if you invest to hammer mastery

And yes what comes to hp of blocks i wouldce thought those have more

4 Likes

The other hammer’s (I mean aside from the rift one) don’t have better damage. Umbris is just 100 higher than diamond, so they won’t 1-shot the new planets even with lvl 10 damage boon. Rift is the only exception, more discussion was done here about the elevations and tool stats.

Forging stuff here

In summary, if you want to keep having the 1-shot option, don’t increase the block HP without re-balancing the tools.

2 Likes

Yes because rift is Heavy. Others are swift etc

Exactly. And even on rift tools you need lvl 5 damage boon to 1-shot, and since they have really low effectiveness (39, that’s 5x lower than diamond’s) you can’t forge them as high as gem tools. Rift is also slower (5 vs 15) and consumes 68 energy each swing (vs diamond 38).

1 Like

Wait so you go out there with the max stats possible and the best hammer you can get, and you say the blocks should be harder to break?!?
You, sir, are insane.

6 Likes

Thank you kindly for your thoughts. I am in agreement with you on most of it. I had quite the enjoyable afternoon exploring exo planets with everyone.

I ran into some friends I had not seen in a while. It was certainly some of the best fun I’ve had on Boundless. I was truly amazed to see how fast roughly 30 players could carve up a planet. I think every single rift pocket has already been probed to some degree. It’s fun to see the different methods of gathering that players employ. All in all, a great time.

This is what I thought of as we all brought our rigs (mining equipment and skills) and descended upon that poor, unsuspecting planet.

2 Likes

Thanks for the pic, I really want one of those hammers because they are the best looking ones by far imo, but I should probably be sensible and sell my Rift :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for the graph, saved it to my phone :+1: I will have to compare all the tools to see what my opinion is on balancing the tools over the block HP but will definitely look into it, could be a better option​:fist:

@ctrl-64 when you put it like that, yeh I am :joy: My point is that I wasn’t too are with the best tool possible, the beat tool would be a well-forged Rift Hammer, which by all means would be great if that were to 1 shot blocks. But I want to progress towards being able to one shot blocks on T7.

But I do want to say, Lucent Gems are found on T8 as well, so I can only assume they are more abundant on T8 and the blocks are harder (probably balanced around T8 worlds).

@Creegle Oh 100% I had a blast, can’t wait to get back home and get some more materials! It definitely was a mad Max moment :joy:

It was also great seeing so many people around me, it did feel like a community event competition :ok_hand:

this isn’t possible though with the utterly terrible flexibility…
I thought better tools were supposed to be better…
I am still using iron.

I’ve seen some screen shots of decently forged hammers, not quite to the extent of Gem tools. But I’d need to sit down and play with the forge to have an opinion on the forging side of things.

But I can say that Iron is decent if that’s all you have access to. But a forged Silver Hammer is better imo, but I love the speed. Also titanium is reasonabley easy to get and that’s where tools/grapples really jump up in performance

That energy drain is nasty!

I used a AOE max damage titanium hammer with a mega strength brew on Gotho and could 1 shot.

Edit; max miner skill

I want to get my hands on one of those hammers because I’ve been thinking of a forge recipe I think could really make those hammers shine ;).

If someone can make me a pair of them and are willing to, I’ll forge the pair and keep one as payment and give the other back. It would be a Very expensive forge, but I’m confident I can do it.

1 Like

Interesting :wink: That’s a good deal, surely someone will take you up on that offer, I would if I had a couple hammers :+1:

I think so to, considering the mats will be expensive. I kind of want to do it just as a proof or concept haha.