New mats

So for all of us that don’t have access to testing, any patterns on where the new ores are showing up?

Altitude, near lava, farrow surface, etc?

And how is forging the new tools, I can guess from the reported forging stats, but could anyone that’s actually attempted it let’s us know how painful it is?

4 Likes

I had a little go with this last night on one of the T7 rift worlds… The knowledge tab is your friend, it shows the general altitude to find the resources. Additional to that, my advise is, take a gem of the corresponding world type and an atlas with you, pop the gem it in the atlas (discover a region) and head for generally the same areas that the gems spawn in.

Here’s the general area for each new resource type…

I actually found a couple of veins of Rift around altitude 47-48, but someone else on my stream said that had also found some lower, so my guess would be that it can be found between 30-50, possibly 40-60. The veins were small though, only 1-2 blocks in each.

Not sure on the other 2 types yet, as there are only 3 exo worlds so far, 2 x rift (T7) and 1 x metal (T5). I’ll need to wait around 3 more days until those worlds expire and see if I can test again on whatever new exo worlds appear!

8 Likes

Highest I found some was 55, lowest 19 but I didn’t even try at bedrock because of lava so it probably goes lower.

2 Likes

And the new tools are pretty hard to forge, I mean…

You’re going to have to pump a lot of boon points, did some fast tests and you pretty much have to deal with defects or quirks if you want to get anything decent out of them. Gem tools might be better in the end.

Rift seems pretty consistent between 20-40 below mountains

2 Likes

I know a forgerer that has made me some nice aoe wayfarer totems. So I have faith he will be able to still make some nice aoe rift/blink/Umbris tools.

Totems are a bit higher though, 62 I believe. The difference between 39% and 62% of boon points is a lot.

edit: I’m not saying it’s bad necessarily, these tools should be hard to forge anyway.

That would be a real shame!

I dunno what it is, but everytime there seems to be an exciting update, it more often than not comes with a big bite in the ass.

To be fair, the devs do seem to be willing to adjust after the fact, like with the gleambows.

And I guess it’s much better from their perspective to make things easier after, than to make them harder, less of the forum ranting about nerfs.

Hopefully this is one of the things that will get a bit more relaxed.

1 Like

I made a cross effect with a little extra damage and magnet boons using just gums, boon boost paste and pure boon 3 and I’m by no means an experienced forger

Yup, in the end if the base stats are high enough, less forging should suffice. But the fact that you can pump gem tools to lvl9+ without that much trouble, the balance needs to be good. The base material (blink etc) is also a lot more rare and valuable.

edit: A quick look at the damage calculator and the most powerful hammer looks like this at lvl 3 damage and aoe. The action speed is just 5 (25 with max skills) though so it’s really slow :smiley: Somebody else can decide if the balance is good or not.

Here’s what the tool stats look like compared to the others

5 Likes