My GC Experience

That is an opinion, not a fact. We all agree the dev’s read all the post, they make decisions and we may never know how much affect we have on them. But they listen. They do make decisions considering our points, but yet for their long term goals. Yes we all would like transparency. In everything. I mean look at Trump. It’s a given.

Some things we like, some things a majority likes, some things a majority hates. But a disagreement on an opinion isn’t an attack of the person.

I love 1.0 like @Spoygg. I don’t like the idea of been given the option of deleting my main character after I just spent 3 months for gleam club. Or deleting it after I am well established and have too much to lose.

@Xaldafax I know exactly what you were saying. I made a “general point” as a cushion reminder of where our limits of what to expect are. Not of your limits, but of everyone’s. I know you’re not asking for a vote.

1 Like

I’m not sure what I think about skill sets, seems like they are just there to say we have option to do all with one char. Or I’m not using those correctly. It’s very hard to level up 2nd skill set when you have already done all objectives and easy xp gain on 1st one.

I look at it less as a way for a single character to do everything and more of a way to get extra utility out of your main characters that you spend hundreds of hours playing.

hm yeah, possible, I kinda don’t see myself playing with 2nd skill set if it will take ages to level up when I can just use another char and level up normally. That’s a bit about preference, I don’t mind changing chars when I need, someone other wouldn’t like doing that and would rather level up main char.

1 Like

I know my miner will get a lot of extra levels after 50, so it may be able to fill out an extra set eventually. Or I may just use it to make a lot of pies after 15ish extras. No idea. I don’t even know what to do with all the other nine characters I have.

1 Like

If it resets the level curve (dunno, does it?)—that would make up for the lack of objectives, I think? That’d put it on an even playing field with alts, at least

1 Like

I’m not sure where you are getting the words or context of an attack or how that even relates to what I have been saying in the past for posts. IF you are talking about my original response to Barney then that would be the only comment I made about an attack. And actually I used the word “chastise” not “attack.” Sure you can view what he said as nothing wrong, I viewed it as something he could have put a different way to that forum users especially since what he said about “bringing it up before hand” wasn’t an easy thing for any of us to do.

As for the developers pulling stuff out of their hat or not. Sure it is an opinion and the whole context of my message to Barneylee was focused mostly on his response to another user not the other things that you keep focusing on. I threw in some context to help the original point I was trying to make.

I was not trying to make a point on if GC was right, what the developers did was right or wrong or listen or don’t or anything. I’m not trying to say peoples opinions are invalid or anything or that 1.0 is bad.

I get what you’re saying overall and certainly didn’t think you were attacking me. I probably should have taken your post about voting as a general comment and not directed at me.

Hell, ultimately is doesn’t bother me in the big picture as to what the package was… I bought 6 months to just show my support of the developers and game overall.

2 Likes

It does reset if I’m not mistaken, but without basic objectives it is slowish. It seems to me that for 2nd skill set you have higher xp requirements for levels (might be totally my imagination) e.g. for 2nd lvl you need about 30k xp, that seems high to me. Didn’t bother to check data

EDIT: OMFG!!! :scream: 2nd skill set xp is actually from level of 1st skill set xp! Whaaaat? it’s either bugged either crazy. So if I level up to 50 on 1st skill set I need to level 2nd set to couple of 100k for each level? Without any skills? Whaaaat?
Please someone tell me I’m wrong :raised_hands:

EDIT 2:
explained in posts below how it works, that was a close call :joy:

One more thing that annoys me is that color choosing @michaelb described, like we’re in 2001st building sites on tripod :smiley: Lack of color chooser strongly disheartened me in character creation, you need to click 255 times to go through all the colors? OMG :scream: better give me ssh to server to change directly in db hahaha

2 Likes

The levels and skillsets are seperate. You get 2 skillpoints per level, but can only spend them once. So you need to do 50 extra levels after 50 at 200k xp a pop to fill out an extra skillset.

1 Like

so if I earn skill points on 1st skill set I can spend them on 2nd?

Yup, so thats why I look at it as additional utility for a post level 50 character.

Edit: to clarify you can still only spend the points per level on one skillset.

2 Likes

Yeah, true, just checked hahaha, removed some skills on first set and skill points remain when you change set, almost got a heart attack, thanks for clarification :sunny:

But color choosing still annoys me :joy:

1 Like

japp, true points on the color chosing (in Char selection and chat) … feels like stoneage to not have a graphical listing to click on the color I want. Also in chat the chosen color should stay then for all following messages, not only for one :wink:

The idea was good, but the realisation was half hearted (at least as it is now)

omg, i never said you attacked anyone. I’ve spent 5 hours in these stupid forums instead of playing…99% of it is dancing around everyones feelings and trying NOT to sound like anything I say is something about someone did anything wrong.

I’m going to just play now, and leave the threads to the threads. Everything I said I would like to fix or happen in the game has been said. So everyone enjoy, peace out.

2 Likes

So from reading most of this. It seems the easiest fix to the tint issue is to add a monthly character appearance change as a perk :wink:

I’ll just leave this here…

2 Likes

That’s great and all… But
When you purchase gleam club, you get additional customisation options, which you can’t use unless you splash out another 800 cubits.

We think it would be better for that price to be reduced, firstly, and to have a free customisation change on buying gleam club

3 Likes

Fingers crossed that this means we will be able to re-tint our characters we leveled before they rolled out the tinting.

It’s enough for me to quit over, to pay for something out of game, that only allows me to pay again in game to get it. It’s not like this wasn’t the plan, since it is in the description that we delete or buy.

It’s hard for me to believe players have more of an issue over clunky emotes, than not getting something they paid for. Really blows my mind.

That’s great and all… but just chill.

I did / do not disagree with your points. I purchased GC myself, so I’m in the same boat as you. I just linked some information from another thread that a few people in this thread didn’t seem to know about. That was it.

This forum may not be the toxic slurry that passes for other game forums, but this last several months I’ve witnessed a marked increase in the number of replies that jump for inferences where there are none, either through frustration with or passion for Boundless.

If we could just cool it off a little and take things at face value, we could start pulling the forums back to how it used to be.

PS: I can see how this is going to go before I even post this if I don’t say anything else, so I shall be super clear: This is not targeted at you specifically, but at the forums at large. Even I have done this on occasion when I should have known better, so I’m not sitting on my high horse judging.

That wasn’t aggressive at all was it! If it seemed that way it wasn’t meant to.
I meant it to just be a calm heads up.