My GC Experience

I can see the images but not the code I need to use. I found that many of the emotes that you can use here are also available on the chat.

ok so the emoji images in that link do not have the codes for it but simple is :.Heart: and etc = :heart:

:.smile: :smile:
:.sunglasses: :sunglasses:
:.hat: :tophat:

ETC it works on the same code as this forum and discord… and the color codes are easy, just look at the color chart in the link above and type :.#Aqua:hello how are you? = a kind of sky blue/green/teal

Although yo have to type the color code each time (it does not change the default color… it will always snap back to the white textafter)

of course do not include the . in the code tht was just to seperate it to show the example

:#red:H:#aqua:E:#yellow:LL:#blue:O

1 Like

The community was barely engaged for decisions around Gleam Club. There was a thread for ideas on the VIP options and we all kind of agreed with the name. As for pretty much everything else there wasn’t any conversation about it in a year. We never discussed emoji or colored chat recently. Most of the community disagreed with keeping beacons fueled in any way that did not require game play. And character tinting is new recently since most expected a different way of implementing our character looks, etc. So either the decisions were done over a year ago (basically before I’ve been around) or were done without any real community discussions or voting.

So I am not surprised people are asking for things to be fixed after 1.0 because we never really had a chance before 1.0 to get a system we liked or felt was good to use for a release.

1 Like

we go again shutting me down again … why me? dont youlike me? i dont like you either … wish i could muute you

so i mute the thread instead

even though its mine… ■■■■ off!

The fact that the dev’s still havn’t responded to your other thread about the tinting, and they skipped over your question here about the tinting , bothers me greatly.

To roll out the gc with the option of "Delete your character and make a new one for free, or buy a tint token, well after we had time to build cities and become mayor, and be high enough of a level we wouldn’t delete it, I think is very telling.

Silence is scary.

and as I am writing this I see the above,I think you misread something barney, he wasn’t shutting you down. But saying it seems all of us didn’t have much say in things, and not supprised we have so many questions now.

This actually reminds me that not everything is for us to vote on. Or are we entitled to vote on. Sometimes I feel like we we’re not heard, but forget it was never up to us to decide what type of game this will be, or what all is in it.
It totally can be irritating though when we do speak up about certain things and are in a complete majority vote against or for, and then not even get a reply.

Then our impatience kicks in and we think the worst while we wait. I personally like the auto fuel of the beacons. I do like the little extras that we weren’t expecting, like color chat, and more options for our characters. I do not like we are given the option to delete our main character that we were asked to push forward with, to have something to show the world on the 28th. Like “yea right!”

But silence in hopes of “they will get use to it or move on”, is every other game out there. I don’t want this to be like every other game out there.

I don’t think they are intending anything negative. This is just an example of how the imagination can go to “worst case scenario”. I have faith they want us to all be happy. A happy community makes happy money.

Nothing I said was to shut you down and you misinterpreted it. Additionally, responding rudely and taking it as a personal vendetta (which is incorrect) does nothing to move the conversation forward.

You said this to another person:

So I responded to give you historical contextual information. This way you could understand that your perceptions about giving input regarding GC was somewhat off base and it would be helpful if you changed it.

There were many things especially regarding GC that we were not allowed to discuss or bring up. So chastising another user that they should have said stuff beforehand was not helpful because there actually was nothing they or any of us could do.

2 Likes

We are not part of their company so we don’t ever get a vote unless they specifically put up a poll. I am not asking for a vote. I am bringing up the miss from the development team by rushing specific code and game dynamics to market without full feedback. It is their decision to do this but they then get the results of that - both good and bad.

Yes, much of what we have seen has been a minimal viable product but it isn’t always communicated as such and people then assume that what they see is what they get.

This is where feedback and transparency is critical to the whole release cycle. I do think we need a better balance in both directions at times. Patience on the customer side and various improvements on the developer side.

The issue with GC was that they have known for a decent amount of time that they wanted to release it. A simple post could have asked suggestions on how we would like the color and emoji part to work. Sure they might not have been able to give it to us right away but at least that information would have been sent ahead of instead of after release.

1 Like

James said numerous times that he is reading everything and it does affect how they decide to roll out stuff in the end. It doesn’t mean it will always be as we wanted (though even we don’t agree on everything), but you can never tell how our discussion has affected decisions.

As for gleam club I’m totally over satisfied with how it is now. And it’s not pink but Boundless color as in :boundless:

You have some stats on that?

2 Likes

I’d love to see those stats or quotes too.

1 Like

Sure I will add it to the stats and quotes all the other people post about resources being too scarce or economy prices being too high, etc. Just kindly direct me to the official boundless statistical forum post and where I can apply for the boundless bean counter guild.

You two have been here long enough and certainly remember the complaints people had about beacons that existed all over the place with just a crafting table and a partial wall. There were extensive discussions around this and comments about making sure that beacons went away. Additionally, plenty of discourse on how we need to ensure people log into the game to prove they were playing and we didn’t want things sitting around. When the beacon timers dropped from 6 months to 4 there wasn’t a huge outcry to remove it and move it back up. Then the beacon apocalypse happened at the end of last year and that problem went away. It seems some have forgotten how important it was to not have beacons all over the place or at least how people didn’t like that.

This auto fuel option does provide a potential for that problem to reoccur at some level. None of that was my point though in my original statement to Barney.

Reading does not equal conversation nor actually compromise or anything. I never said he didn’t read it or that they never took our comments into consideration. A comment made can still be taken way out of context and the wrong game mechanic introduced because of it.

We have seen that happen like with the lower of plot counts or introduction of the meteor event. At that point in time comments were being made about increasing plots and fixing wild hunts. Not restricting plot distribution because 50% of people didn’t use them and introducing a new event. None of those things were brought up as options but the development team pulled it out of their hat as the solution.

1 Like

That is an opinion, not a fact. We all agree the dev’s read all the post, they make decisions and we may never know how much affect we have on them. But they listen. They do make decisions considering our points, but yet for their long term goals. Yes we all would like transparency. In everything. I mean look at Trump. It’s a given.

Some things we like, some things a majority likes, some things a majority hates. But a disagreement on an opinion isn’t an attack of the person.

I love 1.0 like @Spoygg. I don’t like the idea of been given the option of deleting my main character after I just spent 3 months for gleam club. Or deleting it after I am well established and have too much to lose.

@Xaldafax I know exactly what you were saying. I made a “general point” as a cushion reminder of where our limits of what to expect are. Not of your limits, but of everyone’s. I know you’re not asking for a vote.

1 Like

I’m not sure what I think about skill sets, seems like they are just there to say we have option to do all with one char. Or I’m not using those correctly. It’s very hard to level up 2nd skill set when you have already done all objectives and easy xp gain on 1st one.

I look at it less as a way for a single character to do everything and more of a way to get extra utility out of your main characters that you spend hundreds of hours playing.

hm yeah, possible, I kinda don’t see myself playing with 2nd skill set if it will take ages to level up when I can just use another char and level up normally. That’s a bit about preference, I don’t mind changing chars when I need, someone other wouldn’t like doing that and would rather level up main char.

1 Like

I know my miner will get a lot of extra levels after 50, so it may be able to fill out an extra set eventually. Or I may just use it to make a lot of pies after 15ish extras. No idea. I don’t even know what to do with all the other nine characters I have.

1 Like

If it resets the level curve (dunno, does it?)—that would make up for the lack of objectives, I think? That’d put it on an even playing field with alts, at least

1 Like

I’m not sure where you are getting the words or context of an attack or how that even relates to what I have been saying in the past for posts. IF you are talking about my original response to Barney then that would be the only comment I made about an attack. And actually I used the word “chastise” not “attack.” Sure you can view what he said as nothing wrong, I viewed it as something he could have put a different way to that forum users especially since what he said about “bringing it up before hand” wasn’t an easy thing for any of us to do.

As for the developers pulling stuff out of their hat or not. Sure it is an opinion and the whole context of my message to Barneylee was focused mostly on his response to another user not the other things that you keep focusing on. I threw in some context to help the original point I was trying to make.

I was not trying to make a point on if GC was right, what the developers did was right or wrong or listen or don’t or anything. I’m not trying to say peoples opinions are invalid or anything or that 1.0 is bad.

I get what you’re saying overall and certainly didn’t think you were attacking me. I probably should have taken your post about voting as a general comment and not directed at me.

Hell, ultimately is doesn’t bother me in the big picture as to what the package was… I bought 6 months to just show my support of the developers and game overall.

2 Likes

It does reset if I’m not mistaken, but without basic objectives it is slowish. It seems to me that for 2nd skill set you have higher xp requirements for levels (might be totally my imagination) e.g. for 2nd lvl you need about 30k xp, that seems high to me. Didn’t bother to check data

EDIT: OMFG!!! :scream: 2nd skill set xp is actually from level of 1st skill set xp! Whaaaat? it’s either bugged either crazy. So if I level up to 50 on 1st skill set I need to level 2nd set to couple of 100k for each level? Without any skills? Whaaaat?
Please someone tell me I’m wrong :raised_hands:

EDIT 2:
explained in posts below how it works, that was a close call :joy:

One more thing that annoys me is that color choosing @michaelb described, like we’re in 2001st building sites on tripod :smiley: Lack of color chooser strongly disheartened me in character creation, you need to click 255 times to go through all the colors? OMG :scream: better give me ssh to server to change directly in db hahaha

2 Likes