My hud is a bit glitchy

I finally got Boundless last week! Just a slight glitch has been occurring, my hud is glitched out somewhere most of the time. Sometimes the compass, sometimes the healthbar and sometimes the inventory. This also will happen in any menu as well. Just thought I would let you guys know about this bug. I am able to get by with it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

most likely it’s either your drivers needing updating or (if playing on laptop) switchable graphics running the game on efficiency mode rather than high performance

Welcome to Boundless! Sorry your huds glitchy.

Thanks! Also, boundmore, I checked my drivers and they are up to date, are you saying that a current graphics option on the pause screen is causing this?

The second thing I mentuoned only valid if you play on laptop with switchable graphics.

If that’s the case you change that on your OS level by going to whatever graphic card app governs it. It happened to me that my graphic card center had Boundless listed under apps using economical mode thus only using integrated graphics. I had to put Boundless on the list of apps needing high performance. After that my laptop started using dedicated graphic card and glitches like the ones you have disappeared.

What GPU do you have? On Windows the Intel GPU drivers were showing this issue.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been quite busy lately. I have a Dell Inspiron 5537 and I believe an Intel HD Graphics Family card. Not sure what the GPU is. I do not believe I have switcheable graphics.

If its this then yes it has the Intel HD Graphics 4400.

When I look at the model, it just says Dell Inspiron 5537. It does not have the “15R” in the name. Also, the processor is an Intel i7.

These are the specs of the i7 model: could it be these?
CPU : Intel core i7 - 4500 CPU

GPU(1) : Intel HD Graphics 4400

GPU(2) : AMD Radeon HD 8670M

RAM : 8 GB

I believe that AMD Radeon HD is an optional thing you can get when one buys the laptop, I don’t believe I have that.

1 Like

If you only hv integrated graphics then that’s the reason for glitch. That’s how it looks like when I run Boundless on integrated instead of my dedicated graphic card. In general higher requirement games can’t run on integrated graphics fully and I don’t mean just low settings being a must and low fps but also glitches like that and even worse things like no picture at all (black screen).
Playing games with higher requirements can really happen on satisfying level when you have laptop with dedicated graphic cards. And even then it’s kinda half as good as it can be. I know as I hv a dedicated graphic card and I can’t really enjoy max. details without significant fps drop.
Playing Boundless using laptop can only be really fully appreciated not just with dedicated graphic card but with a very good one. Gaming laptop is what you are looking for.

Yeah, looks like the issue is with iGPUs:

I have an Intel HD 630