My new item idea: The Warp Staff and Warp Bomb!

I know I’m new to this community, but I came up with these two items as a suggestion, please forgive my terrible art work and hand writing.

13 Likes

¡uɐɯ ʇɐǝɹƃ sʞoo˥

10 Likes

I know :frowning: I don’t know how to fix it.

can use a free image viewer like ifranview to flip image

8 Likes

Thank you so much, I’m at work so I had to do a quick scribble and post

3 Likes

¿ooʇ ɹǝpunuʍop ɯoɹɟ uosɹǝd ɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ ǝǝs ı

allright. may i ask how this improve the game compared to the warp blocks? i can see that the warp bomb would be great to warp a group of people instantly

2 Likes

Well for instance, if you are in trouble and getting chased by a bunch of enemies instead of standing there making a portal, you can just zap one in front of you.

Or if you’re just lazy like me you can just zap a portal because you don’t want to build one.

1 Like

Oort bombs sound cool. Bet they would make an awesome sound.

1 Like

I know it’s a silly idea and I probably don’t know enough to make ideas for items in Boundless but it was worth a shot.

I would totally purchase and/or craft this.
Can I freestyle with your idea a bit?

Your warp item has limited charges (Love that) which teleports you to anywhere other than exo, which conveniently bypasses portal jumping and sanctum hopping. . . yay.

Drop an atlas into it and it takes you to a random settlement on that planet. Random exploration is promoted!

The oort fuel it relies on is mined instead of meteor-farmed so now we have a non-hunting solution for travel. . .

I like the possibilities your idea brings.

3 Likes

Oh so I have a good idea? Yay me!!! <3

3 Likes

Freestyle all you want, whatever makes it better.

1 Like

If it could take you to a tracked item (like a shop stand)… :grin:

4 Likes

I secretly just want to carry around a big staff with a huge oort stone on it as well :smiley:

7 Likes

@Oortian would something sorta like a double length totem be what you are thinking?

Would Oort be usable like augments?

Would this be a two way temp portal?

This would be a one way temp portal. I don’t know enough about Boundless yet to confirm exactly what I mean. But for instance a bunch of oort stones making a giant oort stone at the tip of the totem would Warp you anywhere, where as one oort stone would Warp you to closer planets. I believe that is how it works?

I would throw warp bombs at people all day lmao plz I want to irritate the universe with them. I don’t care the cost

3 Likes

I really like the oort bomb idea. But now you make me wonder how the game could possibly differentiate between who wants to be warped and who doesn’t. It would be useful for group warps and fun to play with. But now I just don’t know if it’s possible just because of the possibility of trolls randomly warping people who don’t want to be warped

1 Like

Glad you understood my point lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like