My opinion on the upcoming SHIELDS šŸ§ 

Yes, but at range. So think shield throw but with some ā€œoort techā€ electricity pulse. Could use fragments of warp stone or something as fuel.

1 Like

Ahh I see, nice idea :slight_smile: I donā€™t like the idea of shields having fuel, like augments, but thats where a cooldown works very well :ok_hand:

1 Like

I think i would like to plain with the shield from hig altitude or when hard hitted by wildstock :parachute:

1 Like

This whole thread rules!

4 Likes

I want a skill with shields that puts a bubble around me. I donā€™t really care what the bubble does though, lol. Maybe boosts all armor rating by 5 inside?

3 Likes

I think it would be hilarious if it was just a taunt and the creatures pushed you around in your bubble, while unhurt.

1 Like

Thatā€™d be fun, lol. Itā€™d be cool if the bubble radius was the same as bombsā€™ blast radius too.

Now thatā€™s a cool idea!
Also when making forged shields how about reflection and refraction as powers.
reflection would bounce a projectile back at the creature that shot it and refraction could heal you half the damage the attack would have caused.

4 Likes

This sounds super fun too. Parachute shields that grant feather fall!

1 Like

Basic shield block
Blocks incoming attacks.

Shield push.
Push enemies away. (No damage)

Defensive Buff
Bang your shield with your lance for an armour buff(for you and players close to you) but also makes creatures target you.

Ground bash
Drop from high places onto your shield creating a shockwave causing damage and knocking back creatures and stunning them but also stunning yourself for half the stun time of the creatures. The higher you drop from the bigger the shockwave radius and increased damage and knock back.

Shield charge. Run into mobs with your shield knocking them back and causing damage.

Reflecting ranged shots back at enemies. Some kind of aiming system for reflecting back projectiles.

Charged shield throw. Longer charge grants bank shots to up to 3 creatures.

This is all I have for now.

4 Likes

What about the ability to use your shield as a sled?

9 Likes

Lol, look at that fierce battle-smile! Thatā€™s how I wanna go into combat.

2 Likes

I see what youā€™re doingā€¦ youā€™re trying to change the subject from compactness ;p

Well done!

I canā€™t wait for shields. But we need more still to make combat actually fun.

1 Like

Thatā€™s already how I go into battle. Only Iā€™m also yelling Leroy Jenkins.

4 Likes

This would be fun. When you ā€œaimā€ the shield it reflects stuff that way.

2 Likes

After reading this, I immediately said it outloud while eating a pancake. Anytimes a good time to yell that out.

3 Likes

Just want to spark a discussion that is creative and interesting other than people bashing and boring :joy:

ā€œWe get it, you might leave the game if you canā€™t make your prestige road or absorb other settlements to get viceroyā€¦ :sleeping: Now can we talk about shields?ā€ :joy:

5 Likes

What I feel like going into battle
What I currently look like going into battle

We need to make more of the first and less of the second.

5 Likes

I have nothing to add to to this thread except to say itā€™s thoroughly entertaining to read :grin::+1: Lots of great ideas + humor

-back to lurking I goā€¦

4 Likes

Once upon a time, when full release of Boundless was just a feeble dream, there was a topic called If you could pick just one thing.
Shields was my choice and I went for it in a lengthy post with poor images and half-decent areas.
It was April '17!! omg :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Hereā€™s the challenge - read it :joy: (and even bigger challenge: read the entire topic):

3 Likes