My reclaiming experience

Well, thinking more about it the problem is that how should it behave? Like I just described above? It must have a switch since I also would like to smart stack different rocks if I don’t have much space. So something needs to be added to the UI.

Then the question indeed is, how do you want it to sort items? And is that the same for everyone else? Probably not. Which is kinda the problem I think…

It would be neat if we could add our own logic rules for sorting some day…

1 Like

Anything would be better than nothing, even if it is not exactly how I want it.

Ffxiv has the option to turn sorting on or off. Granted it doesn’t have the added complexity of smart stacks, but I would think a sort toggle would be the least of the problems.

you serious you in creative mode our something lol
just listnen to @AeneaGames

1 Like

James needs sleep!

he could go to bed sooner if he had auto sort

3 Likes

lmao

10 chars

Ohhh, Autosorting in order of Item Color would be soooo awesome.
No more wasted hours and hours to sort blocks by color, just to mess it up again, because you Shift droped them into the wrong Storage :joy:

Pretty sure it’s exactly like that unfortunately

1 Like

People want to whack a chest with a forged spanner and have it auto sort everything using the same mechanic that is in reclaim.

2 Likes

No no no. Let’s avoid the forge on this pls. I rather have a machine that sorts stuff.

3 Likes

It could be the existing auto door effect

Hit a door, auto door
Hit a chest, auto sort

1 Like

Hey Ho,
Auto Sort … maybe will help some but! please does not insert this permanently.

That means,

all be fine.

There is nothing worse than a machine constantly cleaning up my inventory, or “Auto Sort”.

In other MMO’s there is a button for it. After several hours of playing with this system, this “Auto-Sort” button becomes the enemy. Don’t click on it, otherwise you were allowed to re-sort your whole inventory again. (Believe me, he will be your enemy.)

In order to be able to use an Auto-Sort function correctly, it would be necessary to be able to “open” larger storage areas than 3x3. Or boxes that are stacked together or on top of each other or somehow connected so that more usable storage space is displayed in the HUD.

I think such a function has good and bad sides but Boundless is too “big” for “auto-sort”. An automatic sorting machine like the one you can build in Minecraft is easy to use but where is the attraction of building your own sorting system.

Have a nice Day :v:

translated quote from Albert Einstein

“Only the stupid need order, a genius rules over chaos.”

2 Likes

We don’t meant to constantly Auto sort
We want to turn on something to sort only what we want.

A machine would have to be feed with blocks to sort them. Then you take them out and put them in a chest or wherever you want.

I suggested the machine because if you have an storage with let’s say 27 spaces you can have 27 ss of blocks but once they are sorted or grouped they may not fit.

1 Like

Pretty sure this is wrong

I wouldn’t mind a machine but that’s more of a reach, harder to implement.

By only sorting yeah they still can fit.

But there have been suggestion (which I also included in my first response) about an option to group things by color only.

In that case a ss of 9 different colors of trunks would change to 9 separate spaces on inventory.

I can’t be the only one that remembers when we had to manually smart stack things together… >.>

Inventory management in Boundless has come a long way… Could it be better? Most certainly! Does one feature fit all? Never! An auto sort feature would be great however I think it would need to be highly configurable to meet everybody’s hopes and dreams =/

As a Band-Aid solution I guess storage boxes could have a checkbox that forced smart stacking to respect color over basic grouping… So that when you quick-moved a mixed up smart stack of rock… All of the colors would form their own smart stack…

4 Likes

What about it only sorting colors is mostly stone leaves and wood that bothers me the rest I just make sure I got one off each item in a slot with no blanks then tab and non colored stuff auto sorts allready sorta

Auto sorting sounds like a really good idea to me. I’m pretty sure the developers plan to eventually implemented into the game as it seems like a logical addition

2 Likes

The more I think about it the more I’d love to see a sorter machine that would be one block machine that has feed lines, like spark lines, to any kind of storage and can manipulate storage to be sorted in some configurable way. The downside could be that it has small inventory so you have to use it couple of time to sort all the things you harvested and so on. I love all the machines we have and would like to see more.
That way it could also be locked behind high tier materials for crafting and high level skill for crafting.

I remember it too.
This is i guess why i dont rly care about some Quality of life changes.
“Back in the old dayzz we gathered everything with totems and light cube” kinda thing.
Or im just too old for this mambojambo.

2 Likes