My suggestion towards what should be worked on first @Monumental

Ye its always When someone even mentions it People are throwing the Hard ■■■■■ “Ill quit… Gimme refund”.

The fact is that if you go… There might be 50 Coming To replace you after the changes… You do the math wich is better For developers

3 Likes

And there might not be, and it is a gamble that I feel is slightly not in the devs favor with the amount of bad press it might give the game, if it turns out many people do the same as I do, and leave bad reviews.

They would need to do a damn good job on the game to counteract that, and based on things I have seen that I won’t get into here, I just don’t think that situation is in their favor.

I’ll highlight the “there might not be” by adding that if a game prides itself on having a persistent world and the developers say time and time again “we won’t do a wipe”, but they later go back on their word and do one anyway, what signal do you think that sends to people?
It says “you cannot trust these people, so don’t bother giving them money.”

After the last 2 years of nothing, James STILL not thanking players (which IMHO is the least he could do because some peeps around here are incredibly forgiving) for their patience while he clearly had NO PLAN WHATSOEVER (since it’s Deathwhisper who made the connection between James and Monty), and James would have left us hanging on a wire for another couple of years in shameful radio silence, but now comes to us like “See all the things we did for you guys? See how much we achieved before going in Maintenance-Mode?”, the last thing Boundless needs right now is a wipe.
It’d be another insult to the dedicated players who keep the game alive.
The first thing that should be done is finish the god damn update 249.

4 Likes

@Buugi @Trundamere @Goblinounours
Regardless of which side of the wipe discussion we are on, Monty has already stated:

13 Likes

Yes, I know, which is why I said

I’m not the guy who keeps suggesting that nonesense, thank you very much.

3 Likes

Can we PLEASE put this one to bed now? :innocent:

8 Likes

Yes Please…

Its like stating to an artist that just created a masterpiece…lets destroy it :slight_smile: As much as I’d like to see a wipe due to all the “empty” plots…Lets see what this new team decides to do :slight_smile:

In Tiggs and Monty we Trust :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If you are talking about the infinite forging method, there are already guides on how to do that on the internet. Everyone doesn’t use that method because it takes ~300 forge rounds to make a single tool.

4 Likes

This seems like something we can figure out.

3 Likes

Duplicate post removed.

To clarify:

If I go through a HUB portal from TNT to Alder. That town would be where I would want to setup on, but I would need to run through a large town and probably “reserved” plots around the town to get to a spot to build. If a new player were to try to setup near a “HUB”, it would require alot of walking and patience. Hope that helps clarify my comment :slight_smile:

Seems to be caused by mostly Gleam Club members. I think beacon fuel should not be infinite for Gleam Club members, but something in between normal and infinite. Maybe beacon fuel for Gleam Club members should just be the double (or triple/quadruple) of that of normal players?

1 Like

D: but but but I like knowing I have more the 500 weeks. (Q.Q)

2 Likes

Not talking about that, I am making more than 1 tool when forging.

It’s not infinite, it only lasts as long as gleam club lasts and as long as the player feeds the game money.

4 Likes

I’m not sure all the context or points you were trying to make or speak to… But I did want to comment that empty plots exist for a variety of reasons… you will never get rid of them. People are more than able to release plots but many don’t for many reasons. The concern we should have with a new team is they weren’t here to see what caused the situation and why it is here… I’m worried they will make decisions that actually make things worse because they didn’t experience the good and bad of the plot system and things like footfall.

Hell remove footfall and prestige and a few other things and some of the incentives on why you have a plot and that might solve concerns on “empty” plots.

Plus I waited a long time to take over land in one town that I now run the main hub on… new players are good but also new players are bad because they likely leave. Why should those of us that dealt with all the uncertainty in this game and NEVER left or stopped playing be hurt and impacted because a new player can’t build right beside the main hub like they want. They can go start their own city and deal with all the growth pains.

One of the biggest issues will always be the split community of people that want a building game versus ones that want a MMO and other things that require towns and stuff… there are so many conflicts and other game issues that are going to be very hard to unwind.

4 Likes

I think there are many of us that know true dedicated players and those that call themselves such are were not in any way. I see very few in the community that just took the high road and enjoyed the game and didn’t play the quit/join rotation. They would be the only ones that deserved some thanks and none of them give a darn about having that because being able to play the game even in maintenance mode was enough for them.

First and foremost people need to learn to see past their own blinding and anger at the Devs since all it leads is to bad perspectives and attacks. It will always be a failure of many in this community in their lack of understanding and full arrogance that they feel they know EXACTLY what happened behind the scenes and how “EVIL” the Devs were. Whether those viewpoints are correct or completely wrong means nothing because the toxic nature of the hate for people that “don’t do as I say or do what I want” helps really no one in the long run.

Sure the Devs weren’t great and made some huge mistakes but continuing to attack them is just petty and childish. Maybe it would have been better for James to just let the game die instead of allowing someone else to take it over because many in the community don’t certainly deserve the second chance based on how they previously acted and the toxic situations they caused because they couldn’t deal with the situation the game was in. I don’t doubt their anger will just transfer to the new owners or some in the community that truly stuck it out in hard times.

The game will be going through many changes and a lot of stress and situations that might not be great - we don’t need bad attitudes here again ruining things because they aren’t happy that people aren’t doing as their “ultimate wisdom and knowledge” demands.

Please just move on and get over the junk that happened and let us all enjoy the game we have and hope that the new owner can actually fix things and not make things worse. We don’t need more drama again…

6 Likes

Yes. There should be a button in the setting menu labeled something like “skip forge animations” as a toggle on/off.

No. It’s already been stated that there isn’t going to be one. You need to let it go. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :-1:

First, because of the quote, I get that you’re lumping me in the group of toxic people, who (and do feel free to correct me if I don’t grasp the gist of your words) basically don’t deserve to still be here after the Monumental acquisition. As I would’ve charitably lumped you in the far more preferable “incredibly forgiving” category, I respectfully want you to know that I take offense to your remark and henceforth solemny plan to make you eat my shorts.

Second, I NEVER implied that the devs were ‘evil’.

That is 100% you defending James (as you often do, proving my “incredibly forgiving” bit at the same time - thanks, by the way), by putting words into the mouth of others.
Please don’t do that, as it is not sanitary.

HOWEVER, implying that James is outlandishly, shamefully and almost criminally inept at communication, that, is very much what I implied, and it is the truth.

Do acknowledge that members of this community who might still have a bone to pick with James (such as me) are not doing so without reason, and would then not be as likely as you baselessly implied to get mad a Monty for no reason.

4 Likes

So… uh… yeah, some um… good suggestions about what should be worked on next in here. We sure are great at staying on topic and not at eachother’s throats. Yep…

I for one would like to see a patch bring simple comfort items for decoration and luxury to go in our homes. No need for functionality, just form. Functionality can come in later patches, and designing items would give new devs practical research on how the game handles complex meshes and artistic stuff. Give us a few bed models, simple tables and chairs, light fixtures, window ornaments, etc. As far as understanding the games fundamentals, you can’t really get a simpler win.

6 Likes