My take on rock-stone xp removal and plots

Actually, the current meta is so obvious that it’s practically a requirement of the game. Its stopped players from experimenting (in this area) because it was so obvious, a natural consequence of progression.

There are easier methods already in game being ignored due to the prevalence of it.

Outside of that though I agree with you 100%. And now the devs have basically declared that having a crafter alt is an exploit.

I’m not sure how the real estate conversation aligns with the clear statement that this is not about “forcing players to buy more cubits”. I guess overall my take is that I’m still taking it in.

1 Like

I’m questioning the assertion that this has some significant negative effect on anyone else. I really don’t get it.

1 Like

In my opinion, you either respect the fact that it hurts their feelings, or you can waste a million years trying to make them come up with some objectively reasonable answer.

I haven’t seen a single suggested “fix” for this “problem” that doesn’t involve making sure that we have “no child left behind”.

The only possible way to do this is to shame/punish achievers.

Lord, pardon my generation x is showing.

Heheh… Don’t worry, you’re forgiven. I was born on the tail end of that.

my point is more along the lines of brute force if you dont have a great idea like the premier portal hub. or these big ass empty cities in places like bituula. that bothers me to no end. ive walked through some amazing looking ghost towns, owned by one person. im talking about people wanting to try to be vicewarden or whatever, AFTER this exploit is removed. theres a lot that is broken by this exploit, and theres a lot that is going to be broken after it is removed.

my highest character is like level 32. my crafter… gathering materials to make teaching pies no less lol. i wont even get to enjoy something that i thought i discovered myself, and this change will create two classes of people. those who got a chance to use it, and those who havent. im not even sure i think it would be better if it were removed just because of how powerful it is. sure since its got so much traction now the devs have to do something, but i guess we can start the arms race of finding the next best thing.

I have offered a candidate.

1 Like

I guess this could go back and forth forever, but if there’s one thing I can state objectively, it’s that I’ve personally never felt threatened or disadvantaged by anyone who’s used this XP trick. If you asked me to pick them out of a lineup, I couldn’t even tell you who they are. I know more than a few folks who had infinitely higher Early Access backer tiers than I did, and I know people who spent enough money to buy a real planet in our actual solar system, so I know there were also some folks who got to where you’re talking about without ever leveling.

But in the end, I guess it really does come down to @Nightstar 's explanation about personal feelings - if it’s bugging you, then it’s just bugging you and that’s all there is to it. And you’ve been reasonable about this whole thing, and I don’t think either of us wants to camp here all night - it smelled like you were trying to step out about two posts ago - so I’m just gonna salute you and be on my way.

Maybe it does hurt some people? Maybe I’m just that insensitive?.. That last part seems entirely plausible.

1 Like

yeah i saw that. about to switch to my axe alt now :laughing::laughing:

^^ you can get to my little farm at alcyon on hubbit network or fairytales network.

I’m running over 90% efficient on tool use, it just depends on how much you want to pay attentioin but if you break through the one layer of soil there you get to a gleam floor that alerts you you’re done with the pass right away.

I also added a ton of request baskets so farmers don’t even have to move if they just want to dump their trunk.

(this is laughingly off topic but it’s also my current take on the rock-> stone issue)

There was some chat about how not to affect new players:

I just get the feeling that a significant part of the objections are not coming from those concerned with how it affects new players (this isn’t directed at you) but more that it is removing a short cut to gain plots with very little effort.

Just wanted to show my appreciation to all posters for keeping this thread civil!

Hopefully others are reading and recognising how people can have a discussion with opposing views without resorting to flaming and sniping!

:+1::ok_hand:

4 Likes

This doesn’t fix the „problem“ with it being used to level up alts. And therefore i think the devs are extremely likely to reject this.

I see what you are saying, but I think by the time you are in a position to be employing alts you would have a few different ways to quickly level up to 20 anyway?

So I don’t see that so much of an issue.

It seems to me that the real issue for the devs (I may be reading it wrong) is the higher level characters using this process to cheaply level for cubit/plot gain.

If you wanted to add a ‘solution’ to the ‘problem’ of quickly levelling an alt from 0-20, the xp gain could be removed from the alt?

I personally don’t think it would be necessary, but could be an option.

I do believe that is the major problem, yes, however I also think the devs are not happy with people being able to give stuff to their alt and semi-AFK level. Therefore I believe the problem is a little more complex then just the hard hitter „abusers“ who use it to get 11M exp or so in one go

Maybe. But it is still the most effective way, since you are using the effort of your main char which can do a lot more, and then there is the passiveness of it for the alt being leveled since it is a side effect of mining.

I am not 100% sure if I understand the question/request in full.

For instance, no XP for my crafter smelting ore mined by my miner?

I didn’t fully understand this either.

No, sorry, just removing the rock to stone xp for alts.

You only gain xp from rock to stone on MAIN char up to level 20.

Hope that makes more sense!

This might create confusion for new players who quickly discover they can make alts and do so.

Also the game would need some way to define a char as a „Main“ which might make the situation very complex if you have a new player with a handful of alts that are all under level 20.

Asymmetrical rule sets are typically not the best way to go about things.

However, I did make some suggestions on changing the skills and they way to level skills here, which kind of ties in with what you said:

I don’t think I explained it very well, but it essentially boils down to you get better at a task (gain xp and level related skills) by doing the task.

If we take rock to stone as an example, you would only be levelling up the ‘mass craft’ skill as it doesn’t really involve anything else, and only if you have that specific ‘crafter’ skill tree active on that character.

Well, my view has always been that alts should not be allowed until you hit level 50 anyway, but that’s another discussion! (and way too late to implement anyway)

That’s not it, at least from what I’ve read.