My tip on mining

So I am new but I have discovered that strip mining is most effective but in order for it to be the best you need to ignore everything and just keep going straight then make one more tunnel right next to it then harvest everything you left behind

1 Like

Wouldn’t say going back was more efficient. Digging a tunnel sure, but clear it as you go, otherwise your covering places you already went on the 2nd pass

Edit: also, boo too organised for me. Going nuts and smashing everywhere I see is more fun…and it leaves lots of big holes to fall down :rofl:

2 Likes

Strip mining tips:

If you are mining for something specific, grab an atlas and put in the thing you are looking for. Stay in the hotspots.

When you are mining and find seams in the wall, mine them out, but go ahead and stay on your path afterward.

When your atlas says you’re going out of the hotspot, mine 5 blocks over before turning around. You want 2 blocks between each of your 3x3 tunnels so you are always exposing at least one block on each side of your tunnel.

Most of that applies to Minecraft, too.

Also, I recommend this guide: [Guide] The Methodology of Mining

4 Likes

Like I said I just forgot to mention leave 1 or 2 or 3 between each row

1 Like

And the reason why it is efficient is can discover more resources faster then you can go back and mine it

Also this is entirely for a good part my opinion

the way i do my mining making human created caves

1 Like

When did you say that?

Also, I just realized what this part meant:

If you go back, you spend twice as much time walking, though.

No I can get 2x or more the resources in half the time mainly for the bit higher level with aoe hammers

Are you using 3x3 aoe hammers constantly? That 1 hit the rock your clearing

1 Like

I drill holes, then go back and mine the tops, then run the sides, then the ground. It takes longer, but so easy to zone out by running a predictable, linear system.

1 Like

Wow I just speed hammer it with starberry pie and just clear out massive areas. For me it’s so much quicker than trying to be efficient with your hammer. I used to do it that way but it’s slower. I guess I got bored of running back and forth in straight lines. I think there is no wrong way to mine. Everyone has there own way. But the way to sell them is at roses concrete. TNT hub. Lol I had too! :partying_face:

3 Likes