My water features now look Bad!

Nice nether portal :wink:

2 Likes

yeah your place was a lot cooler looking before the patch.

1 Like

OMG i took all that time to do my castle moat and now look its horribleā€¦sorry to say to those that say use small blocks so where is my water ment to go underneath to my storage and flood that!!

Please Please @james and Devs change it back or give us as the power to change it ourselves on the beacon or something!!

5 Likes

I personally was working on plans to build waterlight features but i guess those plans have to be trashed
:frowning:

it was a neat feature that came about due to the players and now its gone. removing fun stuff doesnā€™t add to the fun i believe. a happy medium could be the halfway point of transparency between current and pre-update. the transparency ruins so many but it seems the most who like it
9 (the water update) donā€™t necessarily use the feature of the old water being opaque.

edit: i voted for ā€˜make water less transparentā€™

3 Likes

I canā€™t tell if Iā€™m in the minority or the majority of liking how it looks now :sweat_smile:

Kind of like with the lighting changes people on both sides(that time I was on the minority, well still am as I still prefer the old lighting)

if you base it off of the poll only, you would be in the ā€˜majorityā€™ but i doubt everyone who is active is voting anyway. maybe like 50% at minimum?

Do you think they can see us now??

3 Likes

The new water looks good in some cases, and bad in most builds.

1 Like

Unfortunate but also ever since I started tons of people have been asking for water to be more and more transparent.

I think what they mean is this:

I hadnā€™t gotten around to building any of these glowing water spires yet so just putting this up quick Iā€™m assuming the amount of white is washing out any color effect on these short towers.

In the pic that luca posted it looks like the gleam is tucked away in the tops or the center column of a much more substantial structure.

@lucadeltodecso if thatā€™s on live would you mind sharing the location?

1 Like

Its a shame the water has been changed.I cannot understand why this was changed ? The water looked really pretty with the rainbow effect which i was starting to make recently.The devs have ruined one of the best visual affects.Anyway sorry to see your water features ruined.Shame ,they would of looked stunning before update.Im always aware that they lov to change things ,so i dont get too annoyed because its the way this game iis made.Lets hope it gets changed back.

I might be wrong, but I guess this change is tied to the changes related to how the game-engine treats transparency, for glass blocks and stuff.

The water located at ocean-level looks pretty sweet, though, because it has a reflection-map.

Gotta say, as much as I love how the ocean-level water looks now, I donā€™t like how the water in my canals now look. :ā€™(

1 Like

We can do that with lighting???

I love it actually. Itā€™s a huge improvement except for the people who made use of the opaquenessā€¦

2 Likes

Just to make things clearer, Are you saying there was a change in the water transparency after the last update or was it when they changed water transparency on the farming update ?

I do really like the new transparency of water, but for others that need it more opaque maybe there could be a beacon setting or something for opacity

When I walked into my glass/water area (water resting on top of glass panes), I was blown away at how clear it was

1 Like

ok update for me ā€¦ā€¦took all my water out my moat and new building but donā€™t have the heart to demolish my huge fountain yet

Yep. I made one a while ago and been waiting to fill it! Lol

1 Like

After last update water transparency .To make it clear i am not unhappy with this game im just saying water looked better before last update.But this is not a big deal to me as its just a game.But i commented because i happen 2 agree with the title.ā€œMy water features now look bad.ā€ Everyone will not always view things in the same way.Great game though.I enjoy playing it :slight_smile:

1 Like

My fountain designs now suffer under the new water transparency as well. I havenā€™t decided how to adjust it. I had made use of the ā€œglowā€ effect with raw gleam to hide a door in a fountain but now its not hidden at all.

Iā€™m sad more than anything, Iā€™m sure I can achieve something similar to what I had, just going to take a lot of design work but I donā€™t think the planet Iā€™m on will work regardless (iā€™m on Delta Cancret which has one of the most color less waters iā€™ve found in the game being a light gray color).

2 Likes

Yeah in my newest area I made a stream itā€™s about 45 plots long and itā€™s small because thereā€™s not a lot of space (width) there. I repurposed this build so where i cut in to putt he stream itā€™s got a metal bottom and some green light and IMO looks not right.

My shop Iā€™m sort of giving up on but Iā€™m trying to decide what to do here, maybe a blue gleam bottom or something to help give the water some of its color back and add some sense of depth.

Maybe some dirt and grass or something at the bottom of it but I feel like that will create a swampy look which is not what Iā€™m after at all.

1 Like