N-E-S-W markings on top of player and hub symbols (quality off live improvement)

quit annoying i cant see compass direction cause hub and player symbols blocks it from view in compass
so maybe do it different
asking for this exact thing no workarounds please :smile:

12 Likes

Agreed, NSEW should be on top of the compass overlay layer, not on bottom!

1 Like

happens so often i cant tell people what direction to run in in big towns cause its all blocked from view

1 Like

It is annoying, I think you have to look straight look up or down to be able to see them when thereā€™s too many markers on the compass.

3 Likes

Same thing with player symbol color and home beacon color when I first started playing I always mixed the two or couldnā€™t see the home beacon because it was hidden behind other map markings.

On a different note the compass is nice and all but I would prefer an actual live map option instead of the compass.

Live map is the atlas.

Maybe a checklist or dropdown of some sort? Something that lets you select what you want to be ā€œon topā€?

Yes! Cardinal points should indeed be on top of the rest of the compass.

The atlas is a TERRIBLE map system.
You canā€™t zoom properly on it to understand the details of where you are.

1 Like

Thatā€™s on purpose

NESW would be great!! Theyā€™re there on the compass but hard to see with player markers covering them up.

Come visit the Ultima Metro some time, Iā€™m trying to get people thinking about Ultima City using cardinal directions :blush:

Yeah, terrible on purpose. They tried to be all clever with the need to craft the atlas, but its use is very reductive.
Which is why we could use something better, easier to use, like every map ever in video-games.

Right. In every other game itā€™s a crutch.

How many times have you played a game where you ran through the same area over and over and over again, but would be completely lost if it wasnā€™t for your HUD or map?

Boundless forces you to actually learn the areas that youā€™re in and recognize where youā€™re going by landmarks

Thatā€™s not fun for everyone, though.
Also, hu, ā€œlandmarksā€? You mean, player-built landmarks, then.
The worlds themselves donā€™t really have what Iā€™d call ā€œlandmarksā€.