Necessity System and Manure system

if i’m talking about a pooping system , you expect me to talk about what ? if you don’t like , bye :wink:

Welp, i will leave this one for the others, no matter how many times i read it i cant take it seriously. hope you get some nice feedback :smile:

I think You do not poop

I rather like the idea of getting a debuff if you do not sleep though i don’t really feel that emptying the bladder and and washing yourself should be necesary i think that would just get tedious in the long run.

The idea of animals and titans leaving manure around the place could be interesting if done right though. It could be used for fertilizer and maybe as burnable material if dried.

4 Likes

thanks for sharing Your Viewpoint, my idea is loose and open to be molded .

your idea is kinda like making it like the sims. Makes sense for some things, but I think the game is more focused on the RPG and Sandbox aspects. But some self care items would be cool

1 Like

Not the sims , just more realistic. but it is true that not everything is accessible , only ideas .

PLUS for Hunger, Thirst and need of sleep, may be also for need to be in water for a aqua race (if not nut unbalanced on desert worlds ^^) … MINUS for nature callings and the habbit-needs … I also dislike the death as a final result.Let it be a hard debuff (like 70% or just 50% max health with hunger and the same with endurance for thirst for example) :wink:

1 Like

Crops are planned so I’m guessing a hunger system is too. Not a fan of sleep system as I typically don’t play games to watch my character sleep. They can sleep while I do.

Also not really a fan of hygiene needs and consequences. Like @Jenndragonfly said, that feels too Simsy for an MMORPG. If you want, you can always roleplay it, but I don’t think it should affect everyone in this kind of game.

3 Likes

100% agree with this.
As for getting fertalizer/materials from creature waste, I think that’s a very feasible idea. I’d suggest a few differences to the idea you proposed, though.

1. Not all creatures need to produce waste.
    Only tamed livestock should produce this. This not only adds additional value to livestock, it also helps keep the environment less cluttered. It has been hinted at that Titans might be artificial constructs, and as such should not produce waste.

2. livestock waste should be useful as more than just fertalizer. It should also have use as a weak fuel source, and as an alchemy / crafting ingredient of some sort.

3. waste should not occasionally drop rare materials. Rare materials should not come as a biproduct of other common tasks such as raising livestock, but of risky tasks such as exploring deep into the core of the planet, or combating titans.

4. not something you discussed, but an important derail for this idea, waste should be represented in game as a “prop”. Waste should not appear on top of existing waste, and an area should only allow for a maximum amount of waste to appear per chunk. Additionally, waste props should fade or vanish after a period of time so as to prevent areas from being saturated over time.

4 Likes

I like and approve of all four points above

I wont´s say anything about the food/thirst/sleep system since those things have already been discussed in many other threads.

For the poop system:
I think it would be kinda odd to watch your character taking a dump behind a bush every once in a while. As @Jenndragonfly already said : something like this is perfectly fine for the Sims games but not for an RPG.
The same goes for pooping Titans. They are supposed to be dangerously looking creatures. Seeing said creature defecating before I (& my group) engage it would kinda destroy that image.

But I have to say that I like the idea of creatures that poop valuable stuff when they eat certain things. One idea for such a system could be fuel refining (for furnaces for example). Let´s assume such a creature would eat wood and one woodblock has a fuel value of 1. If you would give a wood block to such a creature it would “process” it for a certain time and after that it would “place” a block that has a fuel value >1. This would make quite an unique way of using livestock creatures since in most games such creatures are just used for food production. For the design of such a creatue I would have something like this in mind:

I have to admit that I fell quite in love with that creature while writing this, might even create an own “creature suggestion” thread for it :smile:

2 Likes

It’s also just a great incentive for people to play around with that game system! I like it

1 Like

I feel like I’m drawing a petal and you made a flower.I loved how each shared a more interesting and viable way to use some ideas.

1 Like

About sleeping:

I don’t think sleep would really be necesary but i rather like the idea of the for the charracter to have some downtime.

This would not mean that you should just stand still but something that restricts you from running around fighting and mining on a constant basis. This could be resources required to be consumed to get new energy or just do some less physically straining activities.

Minecrafts food system i s good example of this where you need to consume food more often when run. I think though that this could be taken further where you will actually have to stop up to eat instead of propping some meatslice into your face in a second(ish)

Actually instead of sleep lets called it a rest system.

2 Likes

Poop system.

The community has just jumped the shark :wink:

5 Likes

I have this strong urge to rename the thread

Sugestion : Necessity System and Manure system

Or

Sugestion : Necessity System and Waste system

2 Likes

Yeah i felt so too…

now that i can take it more seriously, i would like a food and drink system, HOWEVER it should not be killing you and it should not be insane, an article about the faults of most systems are here

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-survival-games-get-hunger-and-thirst-wrong-and-how-to-fix-it/

For manure… i would personally not like it, i know some people find it hillarious but which is why it is in some games, but i find it a bit stupid and not fitting of this game.

Sleep, i have discussed beds here:

https://forum.oortonline.com/t/rested-exp/400

as i said, i think you should get an experience buff from logging out in a bed when you go off, as a sort of encouragement to get back home before you log off, that is the only way i can see beds being useful in the game, i wouldnt want it to be needed ingame however like archeage.

Washing i think would be neat if combined with another system, not sure if this is too gruesome for the game but a sort of blood meter on the site, the more enemies you kill the more blood you get on you, you can remove it by going or standing under water, the blood would determine how far an aggro range creatures had on you, so if you have full blood you will have to be really careful, however on the other hand the system would also help with AOE pulling, so some might stack up blood as a tactic of gameplay, and as such i think it would be a decent system.

1 Like

Good link Zouls, I read that the other day there’s some really good points in there.

1 Like

I loved :grin: