Need a builders help!

Hi there!

I joined boundless not long ago and I love every second of it!
Now, I really love putting my creativity in buildings but I’d like some pro builder tips that can help me figure out some of the building techniques. I got the base started and have an idea how it should look like but I don’t know how to make certain things. My psn is RubbermanTHC, in game character name is Rubberman. I’m set up on Gyosha and if you’re around and willing to help me, hit me up!

Thanks, much love​:green_heart::yellow_heart::heart:
Rubberman

6 Likes

Good to see you’ve joined in!! :slight_smile: It’s me, Geo! Welcome!!

This is such a great community, and incredibly talented as well, I know there will be a lot of great advice for you!

2 Likes

Hey! Yeah I’ve joined before but was just stalking and reading lol

I’m sure some creative people will pop up and help :slight_smile: I’ll give it time hehe.

You still need to come and visit tho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes I do!! :smile: I’m definitely keeping an eye out for you on! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome, if you wanna learn the basics I suggest watching some minecraft tutorial videos online. They have a lot of basics covered, like geometry etc. There is also more involved videos on high end projects.

3 Likes

Come to Kindred Bay on Sorissi! I’ll add your psn when I’m home from work in 5-6 hours. I’d love to show you some tricks I’ve picked up and other people’s awesome builds.

Also other tips, like I have a little mock-up staging area with sand floors so I can chisel rocks and try totally random and creative stuff, then break it down without accidentally taking the floor out. I usually hash out roof designs there rather than trying to figure stuff out in the air.

5 Likes

I’ve seen u couple of weeks ago on xa frant

1 Like

Hehe yeah I was just exploring, stepping thru the portal take a peak around and bounce off :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum. I am willing to help in anyway I can.

The best advice I think I can give you is trial an error. The more you use chisels the easier the ideas come what you can do with them.

Another one is take enough space. Chiseling helps for detailing and provides the opertunity to build smaller but bigger and especially layers us the key to any nice build.

Ofc this is all my own opinion.

5 Likes

Minecraft tutorial videos? I’m confused haha, I played a lot of base building games, I just need some essential tips and tricks for building in boundless

I sure will drop there, send me a friend request and we’ll meet up :slight_smile:

Gotchya, then just do as @DutchOfSorissi said and practice some chiseling lol.

1 Like

Boundless has chiseling abilities that can change the entire look/feel of your place…unlike MC

2 Likes

This doesn’t include the new lattice chisel…but there’s this chart…

Red = square chisel = stone, titanium, sapphire
Green = precise/bevel chisel = gold, silver, iron, diamond, emerald
Teal = slope chisel = copper, ruby, topaz
Lattice chisels

+chisel epic skill

5 Likes

Wow where did this come from. Wish I had that long ago. Lol. awesome stuff though.

@Rubberman
Well probably the first tip should be. Don’t build your walls right at the edge of your plot line. Build in the middle of your plot. That way you have space to add more layers to your wall. Also make sure you have a lot of room if you’re planning something big.

3 Likes

@majorvex What are the numbers on the sides showing? How many time to hit the block?
Thanks for the chart it’ll come helpful for sure :blush:

No they aren’t. It just shows the shapes you can create. And it’s not 100% accurate. I see a couple you can’t do. But it’s good reference.

3 Likes

Chisels are your worst enemies until they become your best friends :yum: for some visual aid here are two different videos from @Jiivita, they’re quite dated but still relevant for everything except the lattice chiseling, which he incidentally covers here!

Building in boundless is much like any other voxel game, my advice would be to go through your knowledge tab to figure out what kinda blocks you have to choose from, and something like Boundless Crafting to find out which colours of raw resources to get from where.

Other than that, the inspiration and planning are the only real hard parts! Good luck and welcome to the forums :wave:

4 Likes

Make sure you test the block colors you like on your planet before you gather a ton. The atmosphere can change how the color looks depending on the planet

3 Likes

Its a former EA chart :grinning:
But it is indeed almost very accurate and helpful
@Rubberman welcome to our building community :+1::+1:

2 Likes