Need info on spicy beans

i wonna go mine spicy beans
are there farms?
what tools i need
where can i find them
what do i need to spec to be eficient
anything to grab extra while doing it?

Bring an axe, have gatherer perk and luck and such maxed and beer. Think g2g or TNT have bean farms in their hubs

1 Like

There are a few ways with them - Desert Swords and Trumpet Roots. Big deserts with lots of desert swords are good, but for my own T6’s, what I have are portals to the tops of a few Island Tree areas (lots of other Island Trees spread out on all my rentals there) - chop up the Trumpet Roots there with an axe. You’ll get all the bean types, more spicy than the others though. It is pretty safe too as if the tree canopies aren’t connected to land mobs won’t spawn up there.

3 Likes

how do i get there?
EDIT found a farm on trung im suprised how fast im finding them love it

1 Like

If you ever want to hit mine, go to the Paka’s Palace portal at TNT Alcyon. :slight_smile: The other advantage to the Trumpet Root/Island Tree method is that there are a lot of glow caps up there, farming those while you’re at it is pretty profitable!

5 Likes

I will say I was quite shocked at the amount of glowcaps I seen at your planet in one spot

1 Like

hey im now on a sov and it says some drops may not be produced
is this about colours our am i losing out on items cuase off it

I’ve got a couple worlds I didn’t finalize colors on so they have no-rock mining - this shouldn’t affect bean or lamella drops though. :slight_smile: You can’t harvest the plants themselves on these unfinalized worlds, but the drops should be ok (for mining, you’ll get gems and ores, just not rocks and sand and all).

3 Likes

just emptyd inv heading over your spot to gather stuff atm

1 Like

love your island trees very easy spot to gather and also weird

1 Like

Just opened a new one… I’m probably not going to do too many more experiments, cutting back a little on spending :sweat_smile: but couldn’t resist another Corrosive try. There is a portal open now replacing an old one to Temp Corrosive - Bean Farm, which is to more Island Trees. Great amethyst planet too, tempted to replace my current with this since it is over 4% amethyst and already see some great spots. Colors not finalized here either as I didn’t see anything special.

1 Like

Will try your Planet this evening my time and Look If this one IS really better than your Other amythyst :wink::wink::wink:
Also checking the Emerald :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Omg Just only looked at the numbers :astonished::astonished::astonished:

If thats really spawned good at the end IT must be a great Planet
For Amethyst Fossils and lamellas :grinning::grinning::grinning:and btw silver and Gold seem to be good too :grinning::grinning::grinning: AS by products.
Exited to Check this one later :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Have done a Test and stoped IT was man mining for gems but IT was’n t really good because in the regions i was there was too much Lava and caves, perhaps Need to Check Other Region s .
If someone needs a cpmpleted Atlas let me know.

1 Like

Just completed and put a few atlases up on the Alcyon hub stands! :slight_smile: I’ve noticed that with Corrosive worlds, even when I put Standard Caves, some areas do get a lot more lava caves. That said, now that I have the atlas and compared it to Amethystine, the spots appear to be a bit more mottled, which could be indicative of lava caves. Makes me wonder if bad RNG luck or the Island Rivers selection causing it? For amethyst mining though, because of the lava, staying at alt 16 and mining down to the sides as you go can be a good method as it keeps you at the lava surface alt that I’ve seen on those.

Edit: After mining a few spots now, it seems to be a mix like the others are. Mottled texture to the spots could be caused simply by the small shallow/island areas. Did find one lava mess area, but also a couple that were pretty clear, one small island in particular surrounded by hotspot that I left off at was pretty good. :smiley:

2 Likes

There’s this biome I go to on the higher tier worlds that has tons of trumpet roots. They are located in this biome with biiig trees and the have this huge leaf canopy that connects. On top of that canopy you can not only find trumpet roots, but glowing lamella and an extra bonus is that the trumpet roots gives the other beans occasionally and it’s incredibly rare for creatures to spawn up there :grin:

2 Likes

Wasn’t it basket trees?

Island trees are the ones with the stuff on top.

3 Likes