Need oort

i left you anice donation buddy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh thank you i will check out

1 Like

I have one portal running currently and Oort is pretty easy to come by. I just run do a few meteors here and there and make it to a hunt or two a week.

I think a lot of people are starting to cut back on the number of portals they have as the upkeep is very time-consuming and costly.

2 Likes

maybe you should ask for the psot to be closed if you got enough oort noww :slight_smile:

A spike on a chart like that, on almost any commodity, is an indication that someone wanted everything available, and had the money to be silly about it…

As you see there on the chart, sanity eventually prevails but it takes a while for new supply to accumulate. In the meantime people without stockpiles will have to pay the market price, or stop having portals.

In line with what other people are pointing out, the nature of the current player base means the price is likely to “level back out” and sustain at a higher price than before.

2 Likes

I think, the problem with that is that there is nothing essential to spend coins besides Oort. If hunters earn more they will probably not hunt more, but less, because they don’t need more coins.

1 Like

Well i stepped back on that idea and went with my original buying price some while back at 375c.
But even then others are increasing their buying price. And its a community driven market with playerbase lacking, which will make the prices so sky high, i know this is normal l, but when i increase a price people lose their minds, but when others do it, its totally normal :sweat_smile:

That wasn’t an attack on you. Just my opinion that the game would be better, and more enjoyable, if portals were cheaper or, ideally, free.

Portals is the only thing that needs an upkeep in this game. Your kranut plants blooms for years without watering them even once. Your buildings don’t start to decay (as long as you have gleam club). Your food doesn’t spoil. But portals need constant feeding. Because of that there will never be any useful market in that game because the only thing you can use in unlimited amounts is Oort.

I did not see it as attack :confused: i agree that costs of portals should be less, but also we as players are not efficient when it comes to portals, its more portal hopping than actually exploring the boundless beauty and its player creations. But if they just…add oort seams :grinning:

1 Like

And with efficient i mean that someone has a main portal hub on a planet lets say dzak leading to a hub/network but those living next to the hub also need a big portal to the big hub/network on that other planet while a 1x2 would have been enough to the hub/network on that same planet they live on.
But its all about footfall and attention to be noticed. Its understandable

this is a solution, once and for all

4 Likes

oh i didnt know this was existed

@andsim
it never existed, it was planned to be implemented somewhere in future along with higher tier planet - T8 and T9 but they never did…

only in data - never introduced of course, but we were close at some stage :roughoort:

oh boo this would be easier

1 Like

OK, but that’s an argument for you to have not built your network hub - why waste oort when there were already functional hubs going to every planet? I do miss the local aspect of the Portal Seekers arrangement, which really was the most efficient in terms of ort use. Each hub you went to offered shops you wouldn’t find elsewhere.

Especially if it can be found on T1 lush worlds! I spent some time in my first year playing, looking through T1 worlds putting an oortstone into atlases because that was in the knowledge tab. sighs

2 Likes

Oh definitely! Im very much to blame for not being efficient and effective when it comes to oort usage, but i can afford it, i have been saving for over a year to make it possible, not knowing the game would have been in such a low playerbase stare. Would i have opened up while the playerbase is so low? No not rrally but most of those that knew about it said i should just open up. So i did…will this be a waste of time? no not at all. Will this be a waste of oort? Yes totally :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Stare= state and rrally =really

#BringBackEditPost

1 Like

Yep, and as I pointed out when we talked about sales in game, once buyers raise prices it almost never comes back down. The only people who benefit from big price jumps are those who check B.U.T.T. to buy low and sell high. Those who are hunting generally just put what they want to sell into their own shops, and keep prices above what people are buying for. None of this is wrong per se, but before people arbitrarily raise prices in their req baskets they do need to consider how hard they want to make the game for others. If they want to play the game for a short time and don’t care if they drive others out of the game, then go full steam ahead. They just shouldn’t say they are doing it to help the community lol.

And that is a reason to do anything in this game. do because it’s your time to spend how you choose. Is it a waste of time building gardens everywhere I go, when the game has such amazing plants all over the place? Probably, but I enjoy it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

To be fair, this is direct from the boundless code of conduct.

“If you have additional thoughts after posting, kindly edit your original post instead of adding more.”

You literally can not do this due to the changes they made to editing.

3 Likes