Need Tangle, any good farms?

Is there a token for the giant area of island trees?

1 Like

Just added some to my Free Resource Tokens stands at Pakaā€™s Palace. :slight_smile: It is the one labeled Beans 2 - Warp Serp.

Next experiment might try a pure collecting and hunting Toxic. :thinking: T6, and add nests again, might get betterā€¦

2 Likes

Paka strikes again. :grin: New T6 Toxic up off Norkyna, new Tangle Farm has the Teardrops portal at TNT there. :slight_smile:

Much better tangle farm than the other, larger and pretty deep, 5-6 blocks or so. Video in the Twitter link below. Also a shot where you can see, running to the east of where Iā€™m standing in it, another huge Island Tree region. I put tokens up for it as well, Beans - Warp Norkyna. There is Corruption around, found a good clump of trees in one spot, might add a token to that as well, though if you wander west from the tangle farm there is some up the mountain there.

https://twitter.com/NMS_Screenshots/status/1374851734841913346

Edit: This one also spawned some nice nests in other places, and the largest area of Maze Iā€™ve seen - let me know if there is interest in a portal to the Maze spot. Being glacier, you donā€™t slip like with ice, so it is ideal for Stardrop and Weeping Waxcap chopping, good for hunting too. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Will you keep this one? Is it open for plotting?
I would like to see a new Sap farm and a safe Tangle farm :smiley:
I could do it but it depends on the life expectancy of the planetā€¦

Regards,

1 Like

This is amazing!

I have already gathered 1 chest full (and used it!) I am going to try and gather a huge amount while I can!

I have built a ā€˜deep storageā€™ and want to fill like 6-8 chests full of this! Then maybe I wonā€™t need to gather it again?? haha nah , but It will delay it a bit!

2 Likes

@Tagris - Thanks!! :smiley:

@ciprianb - Open for plotting, for convenience in collecting! :slight_smile: Not sure if Iā€™ll extend though Iā€™m afraid, if it were on Alcyon I would for sure, enough emerald spot to make mines, could replace the current. I might take another crack at getting a better Corrosive around Alcyon, if so Iā€™ll add Nests to it, that is actually a good pick for a Toxic/Corrosive since it never seems to generate really large areas, and you want less land for those gems.

Edit: That Maze spot I posted above is very close to the tangle farm, actually, hadnā€™t caught that before when running around. You can see it from there, just head south towards it, will put you on one end of it, so probably not worth another portal. But worth a visit for sure, too bad that didnā€™t spawn on a Chill since there would be more Stardrops and a massive Sapphire spot.

2 Likes

Is this still open? I went looking for the portal and couldnā€™t find it.

Apologies, didnā€™t renew that one. I might roll another T5 experiment with it before long, if so will let you know and replace that one!

1 Like

Ok, that portal is open with a new T5 Burn Tangle Farm! :smiley:

Bad news - I mapped the planet and found exactly ONE stone egg. Nest area is small, but it is fairly deep, so farmable.

Good news - Otherwise it is a great planet, got a lot of ruby hotspot, RNG favored the good biomes, and also two nice hunting areas. :slight_smile:

Also opened up the other portals to new planets, a T5 Chill, and a Corrosive there.

Edit:

Ruby Seam : 0.72% (142,655)

Iā€™m pretty certain thatā€™s the best Iā€™ve ever done on a T5 Burn, better than many of my T6s attempts really. If the tangle farm is workable for you all, I might just extend this one.

2 Likes

Is there still a wiki out there that we could start compiling what weā€™ve learned about biomes in?

If I see a mailbox at your Alcyon hub I can buzz you every time I visit so you get some feedback on usage or whatever :smiley: or just because Iā€™ve barely survived T6 critters and feeling shaky an just want to believe Iā€™m not the only Oortian out there :smiley: or something, that Defeat sound effect is blood-curdling :smiley:

1 Like

Hehe, thanks! :grin: There is one, if you take the stairs down from the glass platform - right near the trellis area, in the center on the edge. :slight_smile:

Is it okay if I plot around it to turn it into a safe farm spot?

1 Like

Sure thing!! :smiley:

Good ruby area right near there too! Spot I tried mining as good as my T6 I thought.

1 Like