Needing help with prestige

I’ve read several post on prestige and am still clueless especially on the bonuses. I’m on ps4 so I don’t have a debug menu how can i tell I’m getting the max bonus for my settlement/plot?

1 Like

I’m on PS4 as well and have no idea what you’re even talking about - I’m being serious.

There are bonus % rates or something. Stuff like exotic bonus. Guess materials from a different planet . Chisel bonus. Chirping block in non matching shapes I guess. Can’t remember the other one. Was hoping a dev may clue me in

You’ve got me there, I have no clue on those issues either and it’s one of the things driving me nuts about the game. I’m not saying I need everything spoon fed to me, but you could at least give me the spoon and a jar of food you know? Just about every objective that I can do at the moment, I have no idea how to do since they all require materials I do not have and it doesn’t tell me how to get them. Either that or I’m supposed to modify a machine or beacon, but it doesn’t tell me how to do it, etc. I’m very quickly getting frustrated and beginning to think I should have put this $40 towards something else.

I understand that frustration but at the same tume i love the game. Almost gritty feeling.not sure if that’s exactly what I mean. Turn up the sound of the game and mine. The music takes me to i don’t even know someplace else. I actually feel like I’m moving towards something spectacular. I may be off the deep end but I’m enjoying the help out of it even with the what ifs and I don’t knows…

2 Likes

The prestige system “values” your build mainly based on the type of blocks used. It’s used to determine the rank of your (and connected) plots to form outposts, settlements, villages, cities and so on.

Each block type has a base value of prestige, i.e you get 2 for a stone/timber block (basic processed blocks) and 5 for refined stone/wood etc. This value increases for more advanced blocks, where you can get around 100 per decorative gem block.

Okay, so that is the base prestige value. This gets modified by an algorithm (i dont know the exact details) which takes into account other factors. These include:
Variability - bonus % for not using all wood/stone/gleam.
Exotic ratio - bonus % based on block colours not naturally found on your planet.
Chisel ratio - bonus for having chiseled blocks, not just raw cubes
Size - bonus for the total number of plots involved
Built ratio - bonus for actually building on plots and not just mud-hutting in the middle of a 50x50 field of plots.

This is from the debug menu on pc, dont know if its available on ps4. The bonus percentages max out, so beyond a certain point its no use to add more chiseled blocks or exotic ones, although i have no idea where these limits are.

Easiest advice is to build something that looks nice, fills a reasonable area on your plotted space and isnt made of just 1 block type, preferably adding stuff from other places. Not much help i suppose, but thats as far as i understand it

1 Like

Basically, adding or chiseling blocks within any owned plots adds to that plots total prestige. More exotic blocks add higher prestige. You can view how much prestige you have be interacting with your beacon and clicking on your name.

If your beacon is connected to other player’s beacons, they will be counted as 1 town, however, each beacon will still have its independent prestige values.

Once you reach the 10k prestige threshold, you can earn 20 coins footfall per visitor. Once you reach 50k, you earn 30 coins, and once you reach 250k you earn 40 coins - every multiple of 5 hereon (1.25mill, 6.25mill) earns an additional 10 coins per visitor.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. The variability bonus is that for my part of the settlement or each plot?

The bonuses work for each beacon independently. The final prestige value of each beacon (after bonus) then gets added up to the settlement calculation.

You could have 2 beacons next to each other, each 4500 base prestige. One can be straight stone and no bonus, 4500. The other could be buffed to 5500 (for arguments sake) and together they would then count as an outpost (10k prestige+)

Ok 1 more question. I have brick decorative block and some wood in my actually castle as floors and ceiling would that give me the variable bonus?

It should indeed count towards that yes. If any of them are in a colour other than your home planet, they will count as exotic too. If you stone chisel your ceiling to be 1/2 block thick it would count towards that too!

1 Like

Thank you time to chisel some block

1 Like

Thanks, but how in the world are people supposed to know all of this???

This is what i gathered from the debug menu.

1 Like

I’m sorry but I don’t see anything

PS4 won’t have the debug menu. To get those percentages, you could ask a PC player to come visit your build and they can tell you via their debug menu.

Some of the information can be found in the knowledge tab, and some of it we learned from EA, and some just from playing the game. The tutorial is severely lacking in some areas, but that’s what we’re here for :wink:. Once I’m at my CPU I’ll be typing a nice long thread answering some of your other questions @tattoogunman

4 Likes

Will putting gleam from the same planet reduce a bonus of somekind?

As far as I can tell, any block from the planet you’re building on will reduce your exotic bonus multiplier.

When the last time prestige for blocks was updated is there a list for every block as of today?

I don’t know when the Prestige of blocks was last updated, but I believe this list by @nevir is still valid;