Network Settings Question

What does increasing the ‘Chunk Download Rate’ and ‘Chunk Cache Size’ do?

Like what are the benefits of having them on Max vs having them low as possible?

I’ve messed with this a few times, notably because my house is out in the sticks and the best internet we get is 15mb download speeds. I’ve tested this up and down to adjust how the game plays. If I have it on max, my game starts to lag alot. Not sure if you have high download speeds or not but if your game does not lag with it on max, then I believe you wouldn’t need to adjust it. You can also adjust cache size also if your having problems and find the sweet spot for both.

Hope this helps :smile:

-“Chunk Download Rate option limits the number of chunks the game will attempt to download from the server.”

-chunk cache size definition is a little harder to understand if you search it online

1 Like

Ahh thanks for the reply :slight_smile: Yeh i have pretty decent internet (compared to what I’m used to) at 65+ down, 17 up. So I’m currently on max network settings, but I just don’t know what I’m gained from being on these settings over lowering them. Like do I get faster inputs or smoother gameplay for example?

1 Like

This is from the Devlog page…

4 Likes

Perfect, must have missed this when searching. Cheers Stretch, I guess I should run around a mall with loads of portals and configure it there :ok_hand:

2 Likes