New block types - MODDING

If they mess up and didn’t save the original files, all they have to do is go to steam>Boundless>local files>verify integrity of game files…and it will reset everything for them :+1:

6 Likes

I did not know this. :+1::+1:

1 Like

We need a block that looks like this!

AgitatedQuerulousAfricanaugurbuzzard-small

8 Likes

I totally thought about this too. Lol Pretty difficult with the limited number of frames for the animated block. The blink is 4 frames.(the only one I’ve messed with)

1 Like

Ahh so texture file replacement, not just an overlay pack thing.
Yeah people will definitely want to back them up then before replacing. Doing the steam verify files thing does work as mentioned, just to me its annoying to use lol.

1 Like

I’d like a metallic mosaic that combines all the metal colors.

3 Likes

I had to use it one day bc I changed so many textures and json files…I was like “meh” & hit the reset button lol.

If I give any textures away I plan on putting backups with them.

I had to do it to Skyrim one day cause of a power loss while playing the game and a file corrupted. It was very very painful experience due to all the modifications and stuff I had done to the game.

1 Like

Yeah, if you’ve got other stuff that you planned to keep…it stinks. I always try to keep a backup of the original and of any mods.

NMS crashed on me one day and all of my S class ships were gone when I logged in…I wanted to crawl in a hole and die lol. Thankfully, a previous timestamp worked. I lost a couple of minecraft worlds that I worked on for years - no backups :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Maybe some environmental blocks if you are able. Not sure the capabilities.

Cobwebs
Vines
Exposed roots
Bubbles
Smoke
Fog
Burn marks

2 Likes

Its not a block, but if you figure out how to make the fog effect when in caves/raining 100% invisible, let me know.

rock salt block (colorable)
pile of treasure (coin and gems block)
pile of bones
moss (colorable, does that texture leak like growth, or corruption)
vents (metal grid)
clockwork block (animated)
corroded iron / copper
vanishing block
1 way door

6 Likes

No I won’t be able to create fog or particle effect. We’ll have to rely on the devs for this kind of stuff. Cob webs maybe.

Why am I not surprised you got some great ideas. Lol. The animated clock work block would be sick. That’s something I could get into making. Also the pile of bones and treasure blocks would be great too. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

All you listed. I would love seamless metals. I’ve also brought that one up many times. Even like a chrome or mirror like one. If you look up how many real life types of gems and rock types there are they could just go with some of those too. I would REALLY love to see a lot more blocks that form patterns. Like the mosaic does. Different tile patterns and things like carpet.

1 Like

Lmao. This is exactly what I’ve been asking for! A way to let us put up frames with our own content. Of course would need to be highly filtered.

1 Like

Sounds awesome would love them all

1 Like

You said that you are saving the textures over the actual block textures.
Does this mean that other players in game see the original blocks?
This means that your textures will change the existing blocks, so no extra blocks will be created.
Great work though, keep on modding :+1::+1:

1 Like

Yes that is exactely how this works. He exchanges the original texture with a custom one. Once exchanged all blocks of type xyz will look like the new texture to him but only to him and anyone that has the same texture installed.

Someone make an Okami texture pack plz lol ^^

1 Like