New block types - MODDING

Hey. Since I’m starting to make my own blocks. I was wondering what kinda of blocks you’d like to see?

A few blocks I think would be cool.

Parquet Flooring - couple different styles I think would look good.
Seamless metal - replacement for the refined metals or separate.
Brushed stainless steel or anodized aluminum.
Rusted iron blocks
Different brick patterns
Glowing Glyph blocks
?

19 Likes

All of the above.

3 Likes

Space blocks,
Thatch floors,
100% clear blocks,
Carpet/rug
caution tape
arrows for guiding people
blocks with double lines on them in varying patters for doing walkways… strait/ 4 way/ left or right

2 Likes

Can you overlay graphics on the window panes? If so you could use those for different kinds of fencing we don’t have like chain link.

Also, pebbled concrete would be nice.

1 Like

Turn glass panes into wall art

2 Likes

Some soft fabrics would be nice, my wicker couch looks…uncomfortable :smiley:

3 Likes

Ooo. Lots of good ideas.
Carpet and fabrics are a great idea.
I have a denim texture map from years ago?

Haven’t looked into the glass blocks yet.

I’ve got some x style lattice I was thinking. Mainly because I already have the graphics from an old project. Could work well for fencing.
But could most likely make a chain link graphic as well.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see what all you continue to create!! :grin:

Something that shifted through the colors in sort of a rainbow. :slight_smile:
A flowering hedge block.
A transparent block with twinkles in it - create a starry effect. Maybe animated twinkes?

Probably add more here! :wink:

2 Likes

I did make a picture frame on a deco block. Not sure how to make a bigger image across multiple blocks.

7 Likes

I saw that. Your getting pretty good at this.

2 Likes

I do have a little experience with graphic design and 3d modelling. Just never done anything with a video game before, other than play them. Lol.

4 Likes

This:

Let me know if you want more.

6 Likes

Please not the last one, those patterns are a migraine trigger for many of us. Lol

4 Likes

Yes. The diamond plate would be cool.

And broken glass blocks would be sweet. Even better if they broke when you stood on them. Then reappear after 10 seconds or something.

3 Likes

Is this just texture overlays? or is it actual texture changes like texture packs in minecraft?

I got more:

5 Likes

Yeah anything that resembles a moire pattern might be too much…:dizzy_face: lol

1 Like

I always thought filing in the cracks and ‘polishing to the sedimentary rock would look really nice for a smooth seamless floor.

1 Like

Roofing types!

10 Likes

I don’t know how texture in minecraft texture pack work. But I am saving over actual block texture files in boundless. Obviously creating a backup of the original files before hand. If you aren’t computer savvy I wouldn’t suggest messing around with the files. If you mess up, things could look like this.

Also each block has multiple layers all which do different things to the block.
So again please be careful if you’re thinking you wanna try.
I don’t want to cause any problems for the devs if people start messing with files and then need to take the devs time to fix it.

2 Likes