New Blocks Crafting time are too crazy?

Yes if you have 5 extractor. You dont have to have max power on those all lol. Sure if you want “max effectiveness” buts its not rly that much in time.
Just 100power over the requirement is needed to get cd reduction for it

50 prestige? for all that? Ouch

1 Like

if i see how many items i have from hunts, that i can now turn into Vital Essences. i´m pretty glad :smiley:

You know that is 4 hour for Mass craft large fossil - > 250 Ancient Vital Essence …
Lets still use 2 smart stack (1800 blocks as example),
2160 / 250 = 8.64
8.64 x 4 hour = 34.56 hour (1 machine time)

so 250 blocks need 34.56 hour.

if you have 5 machine setup with 100 power.

34.56 / 5 = 6.912 hour

if i need 1800 ( 2 stack), it will be
1800 / 250 = 7.2 times
6,912 x 7.2 = 49.7 hour = 2 days…

So if you want to craft 1800 new blocks without max power setup for each machines u still need to wait 50 hours…
During the time all your extractor can’t be use unless you have the 6th one.

I think this is the longest crafting time recipe for mass crafting in current patch.

Have you guys really calculate the cost to buy enough Ancient vital essence to craft new blocks lol
lets say 30c / Ancient Vital essence, u need 2160, so it will be
2160 x 30c = 64800 c for (250 new blocks) , and if i need 1800 of new blocks, i need to spend

2160 x 7.2 = 15552
15552 x 30c = 466560c ( this is for 30c / Ancient Vital Essence)
400k …

If i use 10c / Ancient Essence to calculate,
15552 x 10c = 150k

If i use 5c / Ancient Essence to calculate,
its 70k

So you have to find a shop to sell 5c / Ancient Essence first.
and even with 5c each you still need 77k / 1800 blocks

Ok lets talk about seller side,

if you sell 5c each,
You need to sell 15552 of them to make 77k profit.
Its 17 - 18 smart stack…
And its 124.416 hour crafting time if you only have 1 machine with max power setup.

If you have 5 machine with max power setup, it will be 24 hour crafting time.
But its under the condition people willing to pay 77k for 1800 blocks which i highly doubt it lol

When i can gather 1800 sapphire / hour and sell it for 50c each to get 90k and sell out in 1 day.
Why does people want to spend 24 hour to craft Vital Essence for 77k ?

Oh and this is only the cost for “Ancient Vital Essence”
Don’t forget the 1080 “Fresh Vital essence”

Based on this, I officially don’t understand prestige. Isn’t it supposed to be directly related to how hard the blocks are to make? So how are these worth 1/3rd of decorative gem blocks that are WAY easier to make? I get that they look nicer, but that isn’t supposed to matter?

Edit: Also apparently worth the same as Machined Iron. Because these are exactly as easy to make as Machined Iron, obviously.

the deco gravel looks like cat litter…

Can you not mine sapphires and let your “extractor machines” make ancient/vital essence? The two are not mutually exclusive.

Edit: I think you all are right about the prestige. The cost benefit is not there if prestige is supposed to be the “exp” of builds.

Well, i just compare the time cost for these 2 type of business,
Of course i can mine sapphire and let extractor running at the same time.

Umm, looks like its a bad example there, yeah i compare the crafting time and gathering time again.
But still you think people will spend 77k for 1800 blocks ? How do you think you can make good profit by selling vital essence especially when large fossil is a cheap mats.
Crafting time is long doesn’t mean it will increase the item’s value i think.

It just really like you will never heard people selling deco gems and making good profit.
It should be the same thing.

For forge gears, its expansive, and people still buy it because it will bring more profit from that gear.
But for building blocks, people usually need huge amounts to build.
So the price can’t be too ridiculous otherwise people will prefer to gather and craft by their own.
Even it takes longer crafting time, I will craft by myself and complained about the weird design at the same time instead of buying those from the market.

If the price around 300k / 1800 unit i will think about it, any price higher than that i will just pass.

1 Like

I don’t think players will be able to sell ancient vital directly. Large fossils produce ~14 ancient vital essence each at mass craft. 1 large fossil is not worth 14c of effort to collect, it’s basically a byproduct of gem mining so coal prices are comparable. Ppl will probably start selling fossils directly for 4-8c. That means the price of a single ancient vital essence is sub 1c and unsellable outside hand trades

Well, the problem for the new blocks is not how hard you can gather materials.
It’s how long you need to craft Ancient Vital Essence.
If you only sell fossils, no one will buy it still.
It’s not hard to gather after all.

I totally agree about the requirements (though I admit to not reading your entire post, lol)

Now that I see how easy shadow orbs are to get, i have no issue with that anymore.

But the essence…I’ve been playing since the PS4 release, and just one mass craft of Enriched wiped out all my tallow, half my blood and 90% of my fossils. And I thought I was crazy for hoarding that much.

And the time. It took me three days.

Machined Iron is 60, actually.

So yeah, definitely harder to make than the new blocks. /s

max power is so useless for crating the essence with mnax power you need ~ 2 hour for each and with 3000 power you need 2 hours and 5 minuts

so use 2 with 3k boost you a lot. just as info ^^ i use 6 with each 3k power

go mine on galan or malu for gems you get in 30 minuts round about 3k iron ore and 1k hard coal… machined iron is much more easier as the new deco gems ^^

its so easy to make i dont know what i should do with all the mechined iron i have

yea i just posted about the crafting times in general yesterday too in what turns you off

the crafting times end up kind of soft forceing you too play other games while you wait on things unless you collect everything you need in one go you are going to have this happen many over the course of a single build i was really shocked to see a mass craft of the new helix power coils take over 2 DAYS! to craft

I’m all too aware, the /s stands for sarcasm. :wink:

with power 1 day 19 hours :frowning:
but you need only to craft it 1 time… the deco more as 1 time… i need 5-10k off them…

ok XD sry dont know this :wink:

We have one machine and queued up 30+ crafts.

For those that feel the times are too long, from my perspective time is not an issue. The game isn’t going anywhere and we don’t wipe. So if I have to wait 6 days versus 1 day for something it means nothing in the long run. Things can be queued and you can go do other stuff. Maybe things are a bit long bur for me I just wait and do other things.

As for the mat cost - personally I think it is a bit extreme for all the new blocks and would have preferred maybe a few more items across the board instead of requiring us to drain all our fossil reserves just to get some blocks.

For your overall comment about not being inspired to build with these blocks I completely agree!

I appreciate your hard work and the content that was released.

I think this “ultra block” was a fine idea except what you did is link ALL the new blocks to this. Basically providing no new content on a “builder” level unless you do an huge grind. It would have been more player friendly to release some blocks that looked new for the general player base and then some that were more ultra for the hard core base. For those of us that have played the game for years we got no new blocks unless we want to grind… That just overall feels bad to the builder community.

1 Like

the Prestige of a block should show the amount of material and time and cost what you need to craft them, thats what James said.

but machined iron has no cost and fast to create and give 50 Prestige

any of the new deco blocks need a lot off time and a hugh amount of material AND some rare materials and give only 50 Prestige.

that is in no relation

1 Like