New Blocks Crafting time are too crazy?

I am fine with you guys add Super-Enriched Bonding Agent to the recipe.
Shadow orbs i am fine with that too.
But the problem are those 2 Vital Essences.

• 2160 Ancient Vital Essence
  • 1080 Fresh Vital Essence

This number for just 250 New deco blocks ?

The mass crafting time for 2160 Ancient Vital Essence with max power (7200) set up is 250 / 2 hour.
Total for 2160 requires 17.28 hours lol.

As i know its a building materials correct ?
People will need more than 250 blocks to build a project.
In this case if i need 1800 of it, it will require 124.4 hours, and it just the Vital Essence crafting time lol
(And this is without the gathering time for ohter materials, and new blocks crafting time added)
so if i need 1800 new deco blocks it cost me 5 days for just crafting those Essence…

Unless i expand my workshop and add more machines and power coils to it.
Lets say if i have 5 set of extractors with max power setup, it still cost 24 hours to crafting those essence.

I agree that most things in this game need to be more difficult to gather and craft.
But not building blocks …

It should be harder for gear’s mats not building blocks,
Because most of time people are going to need a lot of them in one project.
It’s not like gem blocks share the same materials as gears.

Unless you don’t want people use it a lot in game for some reason.

On market side, it will increase the blocks value i agree with that.
But when it is related to building blocks, it become pointless.
A simple question, any one will spend 500k on market for blocks to just building ?
Most people will skip it and still gather it by their own.

Gears / machines no mater how expansive it is as long as it worth people still buy it.
But building block ? I don’t think so.

It just like you can’t see a lot of shop sell deco gem block on market.
Because its not a popular products after all, it will be take very long time to sell.

As result, i highly suggest you guys reduce the crafting time or reduce the amount of both essences…
Right now is ridiculous long to crafting time.

Unless you expect every people have 5 - 10 set extractor with max power setup lol .
or you think its future minimum requirements for people to have this size of workshop…

No one will spend 124.4 hour for waiting the crafting time for just 2 smart stack of blocks for building…

3 Likes

It helps to have multiple Extractors. I’m running 5 Extractors with 3000 Power on each and I mostly have them there to craft forging ingredients. I know it’s a big investment in power coils etc. but it’s worth it in the long run.

Well, to be honest, i like my house and workshop small.
But now i have to expand -_-

And also need to get yeah 5 set of those stupid extractor with max power set up for each of them…
I am working on it right now, but still i don’t feel its reasonable investment after all.

And the marble looks awful.
I thought black marble would look great but doesn;t even look like marble :frowning:

If there was an option to destroy crafts to get the materials back I would have done it in an instant :frowning:

1 Like

If you really like the way your house looks from the outside etc. you can always go underground with your workshop. I’ve 3 levels below ground for workshop and storage. No one would know I’ve a workshop at all from the outside lol.

I do agree that the material requirements are a tad excessive.

I fully understand the concept of having exclusive blocks only available to those who work hard for them, it’s a good thing to have in the game.
But in this game, built around constructing, with a rather limited amount of variety in building materials and next to no props to put in your buildings, introducing new blocks which are not easily accesible is a pitty.
Sure, we have a lot of colours and that does help, but it would be a lot better for the game if we’d get more types of blocks to build with and props to put in said buildings.

3 Likes

I haven’t test it yet, but can you use the transfer chisel make it to the other type ?
Maybe other 2 type with black colors looks better ?

And remember next time only craft 1 to see how it look before you mass craft of that XD

Unfortunately you can’t use a changing chisel on them. Jiivita tried that in a recent video. It’s best to do as you said and just make a single craft to test them out. :wink:

Well, if they make it take less time to craft, its acceptable i think.
Even you have 5 set of max power extractor you still need time to gathering shadow orbs too.
For total time cost investment in this new blocks is really way too long in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback.
With these blocks we wanted to see how adding an “ultra luxury” building materials to the game would effect the building economy, we wanted some blocks which builders could feel extra proud to have obtained which were separate from the usual gem path. Will obviously keep adding more blocks and props as time goes one, many of which will be easily obtained, others a bit trickier to get.
We will keep an eye on the progress of these new blocks and may (do not read this as a definite) rebalance these later to be a wee bit easier to craft.
Oh aye, and In the meantime, if you have any cool builds using the new blocks, I would love to see them!

20 Likes

I think it is good that game has blocks which build cost is little bit harder.
If essences are problem, it is then more related to that most of players haven’t been collecting items that are based on those and processing those into essences. Just give it few weeks and essences should be widely available for reasonable price.

2 Likes

Thanks for reply here.
In this case, i agree with your point to add some “ultra luxury” blocks to the game.
But in my opinion it should be more like blocks with animation on it.
For example the dark materials block ( i forget the name) i saw earlier in test server.

That kind of blocks more like “Ultra Luxury” block.
Those new blocks in this patch is really not looks very “ultra luxury” in my opinion.
It looks amazing and i love it. But it still looks similar to bricks.
Blocks with some unique animations on it, for example smoke effect on camp fire or other special lightings effect will fit more to the “ultra luxury” feeling i think.

Also i am fine with the materials cost, it’s more about the crafting time.
I prefer you add gem to it to replace the gleam and other things to make it more expansive instead of making it require super long time to craft.

Thanks for the reply again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d love to see blocks for which you have to grind a week per piece, I certainly wouldn’t have time for that but that’s something that would be a great change for players who invest ton of time into game.
You can’t always have everything you want.
Also good thing is that you have a constraint on building with those blocks. Build around them and use them as highlights.
If everything is craftable in thousands easily, it’s just boring.

3 Likes

I really doubt that i think.
On the market side we already have one luxury block example which is “Deco Gem block”
Base on my knowledge, i haven’t seem any shop sell that since the release.
I guess there are shops sell that for sure, but really not a lot.
And i believe no one will spend “a lot of” money to buy blocks to build…

As example i mention, will you spend 500k for blocks just to build your house ?
Or you spend 500 k for a nice hammers to use ?

People will always choose hammer than blocks.

2 Likes

but you have over 150 hours to get the shadow orbs :wink: :joy:

Uh… Yeah i guess you are correct on this part XD
I should separate the crafting time and gathering time.

1 Like

This is the second time i’ve seen someone say you get 200 blocks from a mass craft. I’m only getting 50 each mass craft. Am i bugged? Lol

1 mass craft Super-Enriched Bonding Agent allow you to mass craft 4 times of new blocks.
So its 50 x4 = 200…

• Actually 5 times. My bad, I calculate it wrong. so should be 250.

Ok i gotcha, it was this post that confused me at first then. I’m guessing this was changed somewhere down the line

Yeah its, ok.
The mats cost is fine, but he crafting time is wayyyy longer than bricks.