New Blocks Crafting time are too crazy?

i on the other hand like marble a lot. just the deco gravel is meh ;/

1 Like

I understand the point in finding out what the result of adding a “ultra luxury” good. You are never going to know unless you put something out for the players to use.

Personally, they are too expensive and time consuming to make and I certainly am not going to fork out that kind of coin (even if I had it), so I will ignore the blocks like they were never added. I feel this just adds to the grind and decreases my interest in playing the game.

5 Likes

I guess what we need is more end-game stuff, and we need it earlier in the game. It should be both difficult to craft for other people and easy for you to craft if you really want it. It must has to satisfy everyone’s aesthetic, or at least that of a few the most frequent posters on this forum, and it needs to be oriented to one single play style (I’ll leave the guessing of whose that would be as an exercise for the reader).

Also, the trophy you get just for someone else showing up still needs some adjustment.

1 Like

I personally feel the cost (materials and time) is fine for these blocks. The cost should make people decide on whether they should or should not use an item. These is no lack for the base materials in the economy, even the Shadow Orbs are much easier to gather than Shimmering Orbs in the wild. Time is the biggest investment and will actually create a market for both essences.

I would not like seeing a luxury block end up as a towering structure right after release. I think that would be a massive hit for people that like to create a truly aesthetic design and for the economy.

3 Likes

This is not a race against time. I get its frustrating.
I think its good thise blocks have higher crafting standards. Cause those blocks are more unique in someway

2 Likes

What this smartypant said ^^

The cost is fine. This patch added guilds and recipes for guilds to collaborate on. Helix buffs and helix coils are also incredibly expensive to craft.

With the introduction of these block recipes there is finally a big sink for fossils. Fossils have an interesting property where the small ones remain useful because their recipe has low yield but requires no spark. This gives new players something they can easily collect that high level players want, which stimulates the economy and makes guild tasks that all players can work toward regardless of experience level.

It will take time to know the true cost of the recipe. Many players leave fossils behind when digging. I used to scavenge ppls AoE tunnels when they were done and the fossil would be the main thing remaining. Now that they have value I suspect ppl will no longer leave them behind. Players complained when wax was added to the deco block recipe but a couple months later I’m sure your storage sheds look exactly like mine, with rows and rows of wax smart stacks. I suspect super enriched bonding agent will be the same way given time.

3 Likes

A lot of feed back are about mats requirement.
But i am talking about the crafting time here…

As i mention in my post, “i am fine with the mats cost”.
But the crafting time is way too long.

I mean this crafting time is really looks like telling people.
“Hey, go get your next 5 extractors with max power setup for these new blocks”
Otherwise you need to wait for 1 week for Vital essence crafting time.

Guess i should change the topic …

1 Like

No your point is valid that it requires a lot of time or a large number of machines in order to produce enough to be really useful in a build. If this is something only a player with a large workshop should be able to produce in a reasonable amount of time, then I would say this is an issue worth discussion.

1 Like

The crafting time is definitely annoying. Im currently running three extractors with 6000-max power and just stockpiling what i can. I think the crafting time will only be an issue for the first few weeks.

But im also not opposed to a recipe tweak either to reduce the costs. Nobody is going to be buying these blocks with the current economy.

I’ve already committed to doing my floor in the deco mosaic but I probably wont use these blocks anymore after that. My guildie is crazy and has decided to redo all the roads with the new deco but that would probably take us years at this rate lol

1 Like

I for one absolutely love that there are new and deep sinks for Fresh and Ancient Vital Essence (and thus all the excess loot from hunts and those poor neglected fossils), though I do think that the 50 prestige might be a bit low considering the effort and time spent, especially compared to something like Machined Iron. Definitely something to consider for prestige balancing in the future, in my opinion.

Essences really are pretty steep when it comes to time, but thankfully you can just leave the extractors running over night.

Haven’t integrated that many into my build yet, but I do love me some Black Mosaic!

3 Likes

I understood your intent, time is actually the only limiting factor and the major drive for this being an economy booster. There should now be a more robust demand for Ancient and Vital Essence because it is such a time investment. This is something that any player can provide to a request basket.

And the bricks look FAR nicer in my opinion.

It’s a limited opinion based on the marble block alone which has no look of ultra quality about it with that crack running through it and almost no marbling at all. Maybe it’s just black I don;t know. I only made 50 of them thankfully and tore the wall down I used them on as brick or even the simple refined rocks look better.

I will have to go look at gravel though for sure. I have quite a stash of black gravel :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

50 prestige ?

haha

After all the hassle to craft them :frowning:
Absolutely, definately, positively NOT worth it.

1 Like

Me and my guildie have actually been getting ~90 for each deco mosaic

You dont rly need max power. You just need 100 more than the cost is for blocks kn this case. That give huge cd reduction alrdy

Yes, it’s 50 base prestige, not yet including bonuses that apply to the beacon.

Ah ok gotcha

100 power for each machine u mean ?

1 Like

Yes if you have 5 extractor. You dont have to have max power on those all lol. Sure if you want “max effectiveness” buts its not rly that much in time.
Just 100power over the requirement is needed to get cd reduction for it