New Chisels

After a few days, I am still concerned about the amount of resources needed to make the tools to create anything other than a slope. I know the suggestion has been made several times that I can buy what I need, and at the level I am and the coin I have on hand I can do that. My concern is that Boundless is put forward as a building game. The reason I have the game is to build ( although I did enjoy the “Great Hunt”!). As a builder, there is nothing in building that generates coin except footfall and that is really a function of how close I am to a well used hub and/or market. That means I cannot buy everything I need to build. I need to gather resources. I do not mind doing this, it is the best way to get XP which gives me plots and skills. So that gives me the resources I need to build and to make some of the tools I need to build and to mine. I have not been able to come up with a steady stream of gems, gold, silver or titanium. I have the chart which tells me where to look for gems, and I might get up to 9 after mining for a couple of hours. This means I need up to three days of mining for the materials to make a tool. If I spend that effort how long will the chisel really last? will I get at least three days of using it to build? How many hits do you get for the various levels of chisel?

If you are a newer player, then you are going to have to find some one to buy resources in order to pay for a chisel. If you want a gold chisel and it costs around 600 coin, then you need to gather enough resource to sell for that amount plus the resources you need to actually build something. It seems that being a builder really means a part time builder and a full time miner or crafter.

1 Like

I admit high end chissling is sort of a rich persons sport at the moment but hopefully a little balancing in the leveling department will make buying them a little easier.
at lower levels however those higher end chisels should last awhile as you probably have a smaller aria to work on. just remember to shelve them before you head out on your next adventure.

Yes I shelve my high end weapons the same way unless I am going to a t3 world. And if I am looking for wood, I leave my good hammers at home. Need the space anyway for resources

1 Like

:man_singer: :musical_note::notes:

4 Likes

If you’re a builder looking to earn some coin from your chisel skills, I suggest you apply for (or advertise for!) Work contracts such as the recent one I posted:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

In order to help better quantify the concern about chisels:

• Chiseling is a basic ability - it should cost almost nothing
  • I need to be able to craft chisels myself easily
  • I need to be able to craft chisels myself with effort
  • I’m OK trading for chisels - they’re just too expensive to get
  • I’m OK trading for chisels - they just don’t last long enough

0 voters