New community project in progress!

It’s that time again, something I have been planning for a bit. ( a year ago)
but have not been able to get started.
but finally, the time has come for me to have started the project and hopefully will be finished by December 1st

What is this project I’m talking about you ask?

this is project ‘‘public machine’’ an official name I have not yet found lol.
the Public Machine area gives you the opportunity to use your own machines.
the spark and coils have been set, all you have to do is plot the spot and place your machines in the marked area and you will be using my coils and my spark.

each area is color-coded to the color of the coils, so in the video shown below it is a red area means it’s the compactor machine.

total spots 34 per machine type
each spot has 12 machines with 3600 power (anything over is overkill) unless some crafts require it.
each spot has roughly 48 million sparks. and comes with spark backup generators.
all I have to do is place a spark link and it’s ready to be used.

this is a test project to see how it goes, and of course, it comes with some basic rules.

this project focuses mostly on the new players
and returning players.
also, I will most likely set a maximum spot time of 1 week.
no spot there is permanent and not meant to replace your own machines.

I will also set up Spark donation baskets to accept any Spark donations to keep this project long-term.
I do my best to keep it all running!

Here are some screenshots and a video
PLEASE NOTE: it is still a work in progress

10 Likes

Excellent work!
Gotta visit and do some recording for the Fortnightly episode to spread the word for sure.

Just need to finish my 11 days haul of work. :pensive:

2 Likes

this is insanely awesome idea and project :smiley:

for new and returning players to set them again in new reality :smiley:

1 week per player - 1 week is enough for crafting anything even if you have to gasther mats meantime :smiley:

but 1 question comes in mind - what if there will be free spot after that 1 week of use and same player will be want to use another spot for another week?

1 Like

Great initiative! Now new players can come and melt their fossils for XP :slight_smile:
I’d sell teaching pies nearby.

Kind regards,

Ooooooo… that is all i have lol

Great job! Off to record for the Fortnightly episode soon.

1 Like

im not going to make the deadline of 1st of december, as i had to craft coils too and blocks, + waited on some sprays. meanwhile i started a new community side project (more info later) so i will switch in between those projects to finish them asap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How did you know what I want to do? :thinking: :scream:

1 Like

I did not know you can steal spark from a neighbor’s plot…

(I wonder if one can make that an incentive for people to move in a settlement)

is this why spark price went up? (not complaining)