New Exoworld Color Layout - Need opinion

This is the change i did :

- : Exo Exclusive and New Block Color
: Color Obtainable by Recipe/Transmutation from an homeworld block
: Block found on the world
00 days : Timeline since last occurence of the block color

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gleam - 145 Bright Moss - - 80 days
Gleam - 145 Bright Moss - - 80

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we need to decide on the size of the color icon and its type.

13 Likes

It all looks great! :star::star::star::star::star:

3 Likes

Yay amazing changes gorilla!!!

Smallest of the 3 looks fine on my phone. But @Cuetzpalomitl with his skinny-jeans phone will be the true test (love u cuetz!)

3 Likes

Keep in mind this is not the longest block name and color either. Remember you can turn your phone aswell to see it correctly :grin:.

1 Like

When I turn my phone I also turn my head so it makes everything sideways.

Seriously though great work!!

1 Like

yeah, good job!
my only feedback would be do you still need “days” in there? :man_shrugging:
for me the timer plus number says it all.

1 Like

Yeah i could just add it to the legend and remove it to the color row.

When mining for lucent gems and you look around a block with your head but don’t make your toon turn lol. I do this constantly lol

1 Like

Nice way to combo the exo/new icons into one!

Good job :+1:

1 Like

Really nice!
I like lighter layout and that chisel icon is more logical to remember.

1 Like

Looks great I like more the plain square tho

It’s more clean now and easier to understand :sunglasses:

Also any size is of for me now.

1 Like

Thank you for all your hard work!
For me the boundless logo isn’t a must and I agree with catfud on the timer.

1 Like

the new icons are intuitive and simplified as well, so they make great “read” - great set up :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Very nice icons, they are clear and distinct from each other. Combining “exo” and “new color” works well and the orange “new color” icon pops from the list, as it should.

My computer monitor littlebit blurs the the edges on the color box icon with thinner borders as it’s size is scaled down, the one with thicker borders looks more constant on monitor and phone, but they both are fine, the thicker one looks a bit better as the thickness is closer to the thickness of the bolded font (atleast for me). I prefer the simpler color boxes over the boundless logos and the smallest size, the word “days” is not needed as the hourglass with the number is perfectly understandable and looks better.

Well done and thank you for the exo announcements.

1 Like

Found an issue with the timelapse :

- Metamorphic - 19 Night Fuchsia - - 0

This is happening because the color was on an exo that died under a day when the new exo spawned.

Would you guys prefer to be rounded to 1 days or using a decimal when it’s under a day like so 0.3

Probably round up to a day. Since it was just seen?

2 Likes

I read this a previous day but didnt have any thoughts to help…

Then I thought just now… how the “last seen” is a relative number, and changes day by day. That data can be put into a static phrase with shorter wording. The days between a block’s existence in the known worlds is a static number.

I can imagine “n/a for ### days” (not available for ?? days) instead of “last seen”. That way, when there is a difference between what day the post was posted, and what day someone reads, the info will be accurate for the reader.

I hope this helps.

Edit to add after reading newer replies:
Ohhhhh you made that phrase into an image. Nevermind.

1 Like

I like the decimal since it is more informative IMO but either is fine

@Gorillastomp

Thanks you soooo much BTW for all the work and thought you are putting into this for us …

1 Like

As the colors are random there’s always a slight possibility that two simultaneous exo’s have the same color for something and the flat 0 is correct, so maybe it shouldn’t automatically round the days to 1.

1 Like