New idea -- music skill path

So you’re saying you’d want this music on a different volume track than the normal game music? So you could just be no-music out in the wild, and then when you enter a city you get the whatever music they have playing then?

Also, that gives me an idea for another buff, road beacons could have music playing that makes you move a lot faster!

Yes.

Music doesn’t have to be attached to some kind of character buff. Just let it be something you experience when you’re going into a settlement or area of a beacon. It doesn’t need to be loaded up with complexity. Just make it simple and it will work.

My only concern in the moment is that I love the Boundless music track and sometimes how it feels when I am playing. I might be bothered to walk around and have music or noises hitting me from left and right (for buffs or other reasons). It would feel like a city and noisy and remove the possible great simple lovely feel I have currently.

So maybe an option to allow people to hear things or not or at least control the volume is needed. I don’t want to lose what we have but am still open to how the new music idea integrates in.

1 Like

portable music player is solution
:+1:

Yeah, that sounds off-putting to me too. My instinct would be to have the game chose the dominant source and then fade in and out if you’re transitioning. Then you could solve for a lot of stuff by have all the music options follow the same base meter so they go together better.

I remember when everyone anywhere could hear the “bonk” noise when anyone tried to chisel or hit something they didn’t have perms for. It was hell. As long as I can toggle the SFX off for this I think a lot of people would like it.

Bummer, I hear what you guys are saying and understand your points.

I was remembering back to the days I played starwars galaxy in the early 2000s and remembered they had music skill career track and thought that would be cool for this game too with some twists.

But I dont want it to annoy people, I just meant it as a fun alternative gameplay.

No it’s a cool idea for sure. It could be simple in combat too. Similar to Monster Hunter World where a Horn user can trigger buffs with the chargeup of a single chord, and different/upgraded buffs with a series of 2 or 3

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s just that some people will want to mute the music, which I think is fine! Those of us that like it could totally keep it on blast!

1 Like

Easy answer is to just edit your suggestion and say that you want it as an option or that there is a slider that will deicide how loud the music is.

I think most people WANT this idea and we just want to have some control on hearing it.

1 Like

Necro.

Give us spoony bards! Bard is by far my favorite class in many games. Ff online, monster hunter…

2 Likes

Lael. I wanna play mandolin while people are fighting

2 Likes

Idea:
Blast powerful music notes at cuttletrunks, and use oortguitar as melee
Oortguitar produces nearby shock waves on impact to nearby enemies, and it also promises a rockin’ time

1 Like

I think they should try to copy monster hunter to the extent possible. Maybe you could hold a stack of 9 instruments and have 3 buffs going at all times

We all have pushed and begged for some music skill and music path where people could create their own music… have a guitar and play it in your beacon, etc. (with option to silence for anyone that wants to)…

Here is something that was released in a game and I’d love a new tool like this in Boundless.

2 Likes

shows up for hunt

“Hey guys! Sorry I’m late…”

pulls out piccolo

2 Likes