New Machine: Trommel or Dredge

So, I really dislike that there’s not more uses for sand and no use for gravel.

I have an idea, I’d like to see a new machine, either a Trommel Screen or Dredge.

You’d basically put loads of sand and gravel into it, and based on the current world resource distribution, gain resources from sand and gravel.

So probably lots of metal, coal and occasionally rare metals like gold and titanium.

If the machine is on a higher tier world you could also get gems.

The machine would build “fragments” like Spark, until you have enough fragments for it to pop a unit into the output tab.

Thoughts? :slight_smile:

Edit: And it could even use water as a secondary ingredient too! (once we have a way to contain water :slight_smile: )

15 Likes

Yeah really like this!

I was thinking along similar lines the other day about gravel and it having no real use other than decoration at the moment. I think it would also be good if we could put gravel into the compactor to make stone.

1 Like

doesnt gravel get used in making concrete?

Are we talking real life or boundless?

im sorry lol i feel so silly!

i crafted both the alphabet brick and the glyph brick and for some reason was thinking i used gravel in the brick mixture. i think now that i was actually wondering (back when i made it) why gravel wasnt used and was just ‘mixed’ up for a second

In the process in game I guess theoretically the stones are broken up into a “gravel” and the Clay binds them together, would be Gravel on top of “gravel” :wink:

grovel for gravel

1 Like

It would need to be a comparably low outcome of course, bu the idea is nice. Problem is that this would make life quite a lot easier for botters of course.

You could only get a chance to drop a gold from say 2000 gravel, it would be a machine just to give a purpose to the junk blocks.

In my head it would build up “fragments” for each resource available on the current world, we’d be able to see progress bars or numbers for each.

When the fragments reach maximum for something, it spits out a unit.

Should definitely have a very low yield but it gives you another machine to build late game or when you’ve stockpiled lots of gravel.

Think about the amount of junk blocks a guild would be generating that could be used this way instead rather than throwing them into a hole :blush:

If there are no junk blocks in the game we’d also curb people placing gravel to level Builder.

Although the alternative is to turn XP off for gravel, but then it truly is a junk block :blush:

Could be one of those machines that requires a tech device or other rare components to build so that not everyone will bother building one.

Actually thinking about it as long as the yield is much lower than the price of the tools you use htere us hardly a problem.

I think this process must bring some resource different to metals, coals, fossils and techs. In other case it will be unuseful for resource gaining.

But it’s a very good idea to pan out goldy sand.