New material: Black Metal

I’ve got an idea for a new material: Black Metal. It is on the same level as gems, but has no element. It deals slightly more damage to elemental enemies, and ever-so-slightly less damage to normal (physical) enemies.

This could provide an opportunity for 1 or more new worlds: T5 and above metal worlds, where rough black metal can be found! Compact black metal might make for a nice industrial/grimey look.

The color of steel here is what I’m invisioning when refined:
LARGE
(Sorry for low res, it’s the best I could find on Google haha)
It could also be used to craft new decorative blocks that look more grimy, like a steam/smoke vent and maybe a soot block?

8 Likes

:thinking: hematite?

4 Likes

Interesting, I like the look of Hematite, it’s kind of what I was invisioning! Dark, but slightly lustrous

My first thought was thaumcraft void metal :sweat_smile::laughing:

1 Like

anti-palladium mixed with steel

1 Like

Or Vantablack spray + titanium = new metal hehe

We could use a material tumbler and a :blush: polisher for different finishes:
hematite3
Hematite2
polished

3 Likes

It could be used to make a block for this effect!

2 Likes

I really like the idea of rock polishing/shining (as I’m into that irl haha)! That might be a totally different suggestion though, like maybe a new tumbler machine that you put boulders/rock towers into for a nice polish? :thinking:

1 Like

T5+ metal worlds could be dark theme. Like a thick/dark atmosphere with hmm maybe grey gleam? Hmmm :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

There was discussion around the possibility of painting metals back when goo farming was first introduced and if I do recall correctly even James was part of the discussion trying to figure out how it could be implemented best.

But yes, a new metal altogether would be amazing.

3 Likes