New Player Questions

What levels or gear requirements should we be before going to turbulent worlds? Would the protection skills protect completely from the environmental effects?

Actually i’m pretty sure elemental worlds are not ingame yet. The Tier 4 is Turbulent. Some objectives make note of “Elemental” and “Fierce” worlds. But neither are ingame. So I think those are Tier 5 and Tier 6 respectively.

1 Like

It’s an interesting observation you made there, considering terms describing types of planets, where word “elemental” is used for a specific world tier.

I wasn’t too specific there, when used the term.

I was referring to all higher tier worlds as elemental.
Elemental worlds in that broader meaning would be all that have some elements of Boundless present (so, creatures of elemental kind, gems deposits providing elemental attacks for weapons made of them, on higher tiers also parent elements like rift, dark and oort, also elemental atmosphere on all of them).

Yea that’s true. But I think they plan to have a Tier be called Elemental heh. Turbulent just seems to be like an explanation of “the weather is getting pretty bad”. So the tiered approach like they are doing. But it does make you wonder… what will Tier 7 be called if i’m right about Elemental and Fierce. Only hint on objectives for Rift, Darkmatter, and Blink makes a claim of “incredibly rare resource found on Special Worlds” so is Tier 7 “Special” maybe?

1 Like

Ok, so we have (only worlds higher than home, and using 1 to 8 system):
lvl 3: Rugged
lvl 4: Turbulent
lvl 5: Elemental
lvl 6: Fierce

That means there are 2 more levels which typology is unknown to us.
Deadly and Annihilating? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

When do you need to start having environmental protection in the live version? Will being in a turbulent world hurt you just wandering around? And what are the current tiers of worlds? I was under the assumption that inhospitable was tier 3?

Ah, yes I missed Inhospitable, but thats level above Rugged and first having harmful atmospheres, right? (Like Till for example, or Delta Cancret).

SO:
lvl 3: Rugged
lvl 4: Inhospitable
lvl 5: Turbulent
lvl 6: Elemental
lvl 7: Fierce

So - the name of the last level: Deadly or Annihilating? Or Unplayable :wink: (Gimel Palsti XIII-F: Unplayable Oort World haha)

1 Like

Just to be clear, tier 4 and above have harmful atmospheres? If so, what gear/level/skills should one have before going to those worlds?

That’s the thing - at this moment there is no in-game info that would allow you to see what atmosphere there is on a planet you look at, and so you don’t know which of the protective skills to take (there are 3 protective skills against harmful atmospheres: caustic, volatile and potent.

Devs already said they want to add in-game info for players, so they can know what worlds are throwing at them.

For now, look in the forums for info from players who already scouted the worlds with harmful atmospheres.

1 Like

This will now be the forth or fifth thread I have said this: To survive on an inhospitable world you need any of the atmosphere protections. Only the highest level will count, so you’d get more benefit from spending three skill points as 3-0-0 as opposed to 1-1-1.

1 Like

Is that working as intended? The description of the skills say they provide protections for specific atmospheres.

Oh yes the specificity matters on the next level up (turbulent), but on inhospitable any will do. Without anything you have no air and will be dead in about 90 seconds.

2 Likes

Pretty sure last tier will be “Special” like in the objective window. The last Tier would be a “special” tier where the highest of everything is. So I could see it also being the Titan planets unless they plan to add more tiers when they are released.

1 Like

And the special worlds that will only be there for a certain time?

That’s just an idea atm, I think.