New player welcoming crew

There is a help channel?

1 Like

Yeah, its in the menu where you can find the emotes and guild chats and other chats

pretty sure thereā€™s a tutorial. What didnā€™t it teach you that you feel you needed? I can help =D

knowledge base tells you what drops what and what level planets. Resource tab on a planet shows how rich that specific planet is with that resource.

2 Likes

You should teach them to meteor hunt.

In person.

2 Likes

Aint that the whole point? Have things to do?
I havent seen anyone who have said exactly thatā€¦
Closest thing was ā€œgame doesnt tell you xā€
ā€œGame has too big learning curveā€

If you quit cause game has too many thing to doā€¦ then go play fps games and that capture the flag.

I help people when I canā€¦ and when someone new settles in Axon (and I actually see them!) I usually offer blocks, etc to get them startedā€¦ unfortunately more times than naught youll see those places regenned after a while :frowning:

I think the low player population and lack of NPCs really make it feel like there was an apocalypse and you are the only one left on the world. A very lonely feeling.

Suggestion:
When starting, being able to control where you look on the world would help people have better control of where they start. They could look around the world and be able to chose starting in an unpopulated area or in or near a city.

I personally would like a few NPCs, buying and selling basic items, giving advice on where to go, and making the world feel less deserted.

There is a lot to learn and much to miss if one doesnā€™t know where to lookā€¦
Like, there is a help channel?
There are chat emotes?!?
I need to explore some menus more I guess.

1 Like

That first grind to lvl 50 was not funā€¦ at all.

You needed alts for your altsā€™ alts otherwise your skill tree would be polluted with wasted crafting pointsā€¦ and you couldnā€™t realistically go anywhere aside from T3 worlds because anything higher required maxed out damages, points into resistances and such.

The grind to 50 now is probably not quite as bad, but you gotta remember a persisting pie sold for 5k back when I was doing the grind.

When i started i had zero friends that played this game. I landed outside of a city on Raxxa and in fact i live in that city i landed next toā€¦ so throwing new players at the capitol city is probably a bad idea because it means that they will probably never leave that capitol city.

My friend however that started playing last night just selected my name and said ā€œstart near a friendā€, poof maybe 100m from my location when he landed.

I played a game called Xsyon for a bit, they had this thing called a welcome station that allowed you to specify a location that new players would be able to spawn in when they joined the world for the first time.

I feel like that would be appropriate in this game, if we had a way for a town to specify a beacon or portal that new players could select and spawn at for the world they are looking at in sanctuary.

Then the towns could setup a new player welcome station with signs pliths and what not.

There is no guarantee that the capital has anything useful thoughā€¦ it could be just a huge block of materials.

1 Like

Well thats so damn right, then there should be a place that is special for first time players. Where there is actually signs and maybe a portal to the closest active town.

2 Likes

i used to have a ruby hammer. it had 2 quirks after someone gave it to me. i only went on T1s and the T3 cephonex merika at the time. I USED IT UP RATHER QUICKLY

I welcome new players who spawn on raxxa. I see great potential in all of them. Chant became a master crafter, Snaark owns Gleann Easan. Gleann easan is a village on raxxa. I met Snaark when he was new when i did my first cir cum navi gatio n around raxxa. He only owned a little cottage at the time. He was soon helped by the celebrity HOST. HOST made a portal to the capital for him and gave some other things.