New plot system and backer rewards

Back in beta, granted its been a long time since I last played, those of us who paid for larger backer packages got more plots to work with - as it stands right now, it does not seem to be that way anymore ?

Atleast, supposedly from what I am understanding from my friend, having about 15 plots around level 5 is not more than regular.

Will I be getting my extra plots at some other time, or whats actually going on here ?

1 Like

when you get for example +50% plots through your backer pack you get 3 if you buy 2 :wink:

1 Like

Aah thank you, so I guess it all adds up in the end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, actually - what about the rest of the backer rewards ?

I’m supposed to be getting an extra launch key, I’m guessing we’ll be getting those on the 28’th ?

1 Like

Launch is September 11th … but may be we get them to the preorder release 3 days before. The tool you can craft (as a wayfarer like me :wink: ) is already ingame. It’s a totem made from titanium and which is as good as an axe, shovel or hammer of the same level, but I’m not sure if the specialized skills for each of those work on them (whould be a bit unbalanced then because you then could save 2 slots of inventory without a negative effect.

All the other perks are coming (at least I don’t remember to have seen any of those ingame yet :wink: )

1 Like

You should be getting the extra plots with every set you buy with cubits. If you are not the contact the developers, maybe your status in game is not set correctly. Example if you buy a set of 10, then your count should increase by 15 (if your package says you get 50% more). They have said they will be contacting the backers after launch to start working with people on the other perks. To the best of my knowledge they have not contacted anyone yet, including me.

I will check the next time I buy 10 - I can’t remember how much im supposed to get as a wayfarer though.

Wayfarer should be 25% extra plots

1 Like

This seems correct, I got 25 when I chose the 20 one \o/ - so everything seems to be in order :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good to know :slightly_smiling_face: … I haven’t bought many plots yet so haven’t really looked.

i get pioneer bonus on my plots but i wonder if i would have more plots if i buy bigger plot packages our do i get 25procent on my total amount off plots
i still got feeling i miss some plots if i buy lower plotpackages
if anyone could answer this with proper research i would apreciate it :slight_smile:

I know in the old universe it seemed to track fractional plots and give them to me when I had enough to round up. Not sure if it is still doing that. I think you point does need an official answer.

1 Like

So… does this mean that you have to buy plots in bundles of 10/20 to get the 10%-50% boost? or does the game keep track of how many plots you have bought, and when you reach an amount where the bonus would be a round number, it just auto adds them to your character?

In the old universe the system kept track of what you bought and when you reached a point where it would round up, it did. I believe that did not change, but I cannot confirm that. My counts seem to be correct but I do not generate fractions.

We deliberately made the efficiency of exchanging Cubits for Plots constant so that there was no encouragement to save your Cubits for bigger exchanges in the future. If it was better value to exchange for larger Plot Coffers, then players would feel encouraged and even forced into grinding levels before exchanging. Given the game is often critisized for being grindy we wanted to avoid this.

If you want some plots you can take them at any point and not be concerned that you’re losing value.

There will be an efficiency in buying larger Cubit Coffers for real money. So there is some scaling in the entire system.

5 Likes

I think @the-moebius means the different backer tiers…
So if you had adventurer (like i first bought) then you get 10% plot bonus.
I upgraded to pioneer which gives you 50% plot bonus.
Because i am now a pioneer and no longer an adventurer, i no longer get 10%, i now get 50%. (And definitely not 60%)
You cannot stack backer tiers.
(Unless you have 2 separate accounts but thats really not stacking either)
But of course none of that is possible now.
The only other option there is would be the deluxe edition which gives you 10% and is stackable with the backer rewards (not 100% sure but someone will correct me if im wrong)

The game tracks the number of plots you’ve exchanged and then (at the end) applies your backer bonus. So it’s always applied to your total amount, and not per individual additions.

8 Likes

about the bonus % to plts - I think you should maybe add that on the hud as well

** You have receveied x plots and this is how mych uou have from your x%** etc
I say this because i didn;t know the bonus was being applied untill i saw i had 39/43 plots etc

I am at the Adventurer tier and didn’t originally have access to extra plots when I bought the tier. Recently, it was stated that Adventurers would get 10% extra plots similar to the Deluxe Edition but I am not sure if the 10% is applying yet as I haven’t noticed any extra plots when I redeem a coffer.

Is the 10% for Adventurers active yet? If not will I get extra plots when it is activated as I don’t want to spend lots of cubits now if I miss out on bonus plots.

Thanks in advance,

saryent

basically it works like this… i have 25% at wayfarer and it does not tell you when you open a coffer (read above) that you have more plots… the example is i get a quater of a plot each time i buy 2… meaning on my fourth purchase i would get three (it shows in inventory - example i buy ten plots it will say i can use 13)

To make it clear if the % is not enough to earn a full plot on the specific purchase it will bank that plot fragment for the next % etc

1 Like