New skills: Tracking and Prospecting

The new shop scanner lets you track shop stands similar to the feature that lets you track people… what if there was a tracking skill in the game that let you track a certain mob? Open the menu, select the mob you want from a list of mobs, and wherever it goes you see its location on screen. Or set the tracking to a more generalized mode so that all roadrunners appear as pink dots on the compass… maybe even have a special color for each type of mob if you choose, or specify to only track elite mobs.

And on that same note, what if you could track a diamond seam while mining…? Yes, it would be game changing but in a positive and progressive way. We’ll call it… Boundless 2020!

Also mushrooms. This whole post, and all I really want is the ability to track mushrooms hiding in the tall grass.

3 Likes

Yes. Yes this. :slight_smile:

:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I hate to suggest a forge addition – but because of the way you insert items into atlases I’m not sure it would work with augments instead, which would be a decent solution too maybe:

Forgeable atlases or specially crafted or augmented atlases that will do as you say and when held in one of the hands, that could visually show/hightlight the item that is being tracked on the atlas, either on the compass or just through other blocks/objects like destination waypoints, up to a certain distance, like 10-40m, maybe depending on the forging quality.

Maybe it’s too weird or too game-changing though. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You’re right, it’s probably too hard or something… (attempts to bait the devs into accepting the challenge)

crickets

5 months later it’s in the patch notes!

2 Likes

The innuendos, they burn!

Fixed for ya :wink:

3 Likes

“well, you see, when a dev loves an idea very very much…”

1 Like

It’d also be cool if you could track active meteors. When I hunt I just watch where they fall, but I do occasionally trip over an active meteor that I didn’t know was there.

1 Like