New sound?

Right now my mind is blown. I am experiencing the coolest sound affect in a particularly interesting location.

From this location all is normal.

As I move closer however I began to hear the sound of rushing wind. when I am right up to it the sound gets much louder!

Its the same on the next floor up.

I initially thought it was a new sound effect for caves or something but a trip to the local cavern proved that wrong.
Has anybody experienced anything like this?

3 Likes

I can’t comment on what your experiencing, but I was caving earlier and I believe there is a new sound when mining normal coal seams. At least the sound was different than what I remembered prior to the update.

1 Like

cave sounds are different indeed

1 Like

I do moste of my gem and fossil hunting in caves. This just seems different. Louder more intense.

Maybee if any of my fellow eloporians are on later you could swing by and verify it for me?

I asked @james if one of the devs had added the rushing wind sound to my build as a test of some kind and this was his reply.

"We’ve not done anything explicitly for you (sorry!) but we are working on the world ambiences. This includes:
different ambient soundtracks for different ecosystems: desert, forest, etc.
different ambient soundtracks for: deep underground, underground, above ground, high above ground, underwater and deep underwater.
I’m guessing that the location of your build is triggering the underground theme. "

I could imagine being deep underground and hearing this.
I themed this build around being some kind of ancient ortian ruin. sort of a natural energy source to power portals so the sounds are a welcome addition. Great job with the new sound effects!! :+1:

edit
on a side not I can only hear it with headphones.

1 Like

If you run down the Desert Tunnel at Therka Market you’ll hear new wind effects, like wind roaring along the tunnel.

So it doesn’t look like it’s location exactly, but more like how the blocks are arranged in that location - like so many deep and so many wide all covered in (?).

1 Like