New! The Mazes of Beckon

Well! It’s been an interesting opening weekend here in the new universe! I am certainly enjoying myself. I hope y’all are as well despite any bugs that I’m sure our wonderful devs are working hard to fix, even as i type this.
Last year in the old universe i had an idea, Labyrinths to be specific. So, in this new world i decided to try again, a little more simply, mostly because i havent got all the skills and materials needed, just yet, to tackle the original project i had in mind…now im rambling. You can see my originals here The Labyrinths of Solum | Boundless PC Gameplay Let's Play - YouTube thanks to the scientific efforts of @TwistedFoot
Shorty after all of this my computer died and they are now lost to the pages of history, or YouTube. So, for the past year or so, i’ve only been able to watch through the eyes of lets players @Jiivita and Twistedfoot as the game slowly became something more awesome than i would have initially thought possible…rambling again :sweat_smile:
So, Without further ado I have created another double set of mazes! They are here on Beckon, a not so short walk south of the Capitol

Head right up the stairs over my shoulder and of course bring a light!. One maze leads to another and hopefully ill see you on the other side :nerd_face:

5 Likes

As i progress in the game and add more to them, i will be adding rewards, such as gleam and the harder to find ores, to those who can brave these labyrinths. Gotta find 'em first though :laughing:
Good luck and may the schwartz be with you

1 Like

Finally added a few rewards! will be adding more as i collect them, had the idea to use forged weapons in the future :wink:

As it is now, i cant “give” you the reward but Im sure 1c is worth some compacted Silver!

3 Likes

I look forward to the challenge!

1 Like

Good Luck! Makes me want to build some more.

2 Likes

i’ll be building a small scale of Laputa from the castle in the sky movie and my middle ring will be a maze. I’d love to work with you on a design, as I’m not very good at designing a circle maze in a game like this. Let me know what you think! the maze would be in a ring with a diameter of 50. eventually there will be a much larger one with a diameter of 100, but that’s much farther in the future haha.

1 Like

50 plots?(400m) Or 50 meters?
I’m down either way just so I have an idea of how big I need to draw

1 Like

Just 50 meters (50 blocks across, around 8 plots across right? ) for now. Eventually I’ll be building a bigger one but want to finish this one first!

7 plots would fit it, just depends on how much outside space you wanted.
Imma tell ya tho, this’ll cost ya about 3000 of whatever material you use to build it. Assuming floor and ceiling are only 2m apart. a total of 4m, unless you wanted a two layer deal, to take up the whole plot? Mazes get real complex and expensive, real quick.
PS: You’re gonna want alot of chisels also, preferably the precise slope and bevel.

1 Like

Where ya putting this floating city? Which planet? do you have a spot already out?

1 Like

I’m waiting for the ps4 version to launch so I dont know which planet quite yet. Laputa will be many thousands of blocks so a few thousand more for a maze is fine hahaha. Each wall is 7 blocks high due to scale but if you want to design 2 mazes rather than one that’s fine haha. I’m in it for the long haul on this build due to size. It will be fairly time intensive and mat intensive

2 Likes

I gotcha, the reason i mention the height is so players can always escape the maze. If the height of the path is only 2m then if someone is too lost or gives up they can return to sanctum and be brought out of the maze. If the area they are in can accommodate the portal in sanctum then they very well could be stuck in the maze, which wouldn’t be good. So, What i’ll do is draw ya 3 two layer mazes, and send them in a pm(so nobody can see the solution) and you can choose one of them, so i wont know the solution either :wink:

1 Like

Sounds good! Thanks for wanting to do this!

No worries. I look forward to the challenge :wink: and seeing the completed design!

1 Like