New to C++ and experiencing major bug?

Maybe you guys can help me with this? I’ve tried deleting the local content and redownloading the game, but no dice. What you cannot see here is that the screen is just flickering like crazy in the sky. Also, the program hangs up when I quit, so I end up having to force quit the game in order to exit.

Make sure all your drivers are up to date. Video, motherboard, network, etc.

Yeah, I’m operating on a pretty current MacBook Pro. No software updates appear to be available. Also, it does appear some other mac users have encountered this. I found them shortly after posting, but it doesn’t look like a solution of any kind was ever reached.

1 Like

Can you let me know the following.

1. MacOS version.
  2. Graphics card used.

Thanks

Yeah this was happening on my macbook too.

1 Like

Meant to get back to this, but life has been busy. The following are my specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Thanks for this information.

So, I bootstrapped Windows 10 to my Mac Pro and it fixes the berserk sky issue. Still lots of blocks with missing stuff, but I’m guessing the switch to Windows remedied whatever issue I was having.

Sorry about that. We are looking into this but we have yet to reproduce this issue. We might need to make some educated guesses and release a new build with potential fix for people to try out.

@rabidpigmy and @Squidgy OS X 10.11.5 was released yesterday. If you have updated your OS, can you try running the game again. Apparently, Apple has updated the graphic card drivers.

Thanks

1 Like

@rabidpigmy and @Squidgy, I’ve put up some new beta branches (below) with some experimental changes to try and track the crazy triangles down. If the OS updates don’t fix the problem, and if you get the chance, it would be really valuable if you could try them and let me know if they make any difference.

Note some of them will have other side effects (e.g. distorted colors on some blocks), but it would be great to know if they help with the wild triangles, or if you see any crashes, error dialogs, etc.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

macosx-debug AhkbVYc6nYdSAXEK
macosx-fewtex wCpvew4TbxqWjGVs
macosx-fewtex-gl21 Hcb77BNbVgJ4zBDw

2 Likes

Hey look, another new dev disguised as a player :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

OSX update didn’t help unfortunately!

macosx-debug - doesn’t load, shader error
macosx-fewtex & macosx-fewtex-gl21 - both get to a screen that says “loading” in the top left, and then and indefinite spinny beachball of death (crash) happens.

1 Like

Thanks for checking those @Squidgy. That’s a shame the OS update didn’t help, but the shader error could explain the issue. Could you re-run the debug build and send the log files please.

/tmp/tblz_log.txt
/tmp/boundless_game_log.txt

If there is any further information given in the shader error, that would also be great to know.
Thanks again for all your help.

1 Like

… and another branch to try if you get the chance:

macosx-floatverts (password: U3bjKXkdUTt8Er63)

(I’ll try not to spam with too many of these)

1 Like

How odd… the debug version just worked, however the triangle thing is still happening.

floatverts has the triangle stuff still too!

Happy to test out as much as you need!

OK. That’s all good info. We’ll narrow this thing down yet.

It sounds like you had an old version of the other branches then (I had to make a few last minute changes, so I guess they didn’t sync in time). I’ve put macosx-fewtex and macosx-fewtex-gl21 back up if you wouldn’t mind retrying those too.

Thanks.

1 Like

All are crashing on startup again!

Got macosx-fewtex-gl21 working (with the distorted colours and other visual side effects like you suggested) but no triangles!!