New update causing cancelled block placements

I’m going to try to replicate and document this when I get home, but I noticed my actions were getting cancelled if I tried placing blocks while picking up blocks of the same type while mining on a t7.

Known facts:

1. First available smart stack of rock in my inventory is equipped to right hand
  2. Rest of inventory must be pretty full, if not all the way full since rocks are still on the ground
  3. Start placing blocks to kill some lava, rocks on the ground are picked up and are replacing what I am using, but some of the blocks I’m placing are disappearing, requiring me to place a block again

In an alternate scenario, some dirt block placements appear to get cancelled if I’m placing dirt blocks quickly (max dex + t3 builder guild buff and t3 builder safety on guild-aligned beacon) directly over longer grass. This one requires more testing to replicate, I’ll update as I know more

8 Likes

This happened to me during building.

If I made a mistake and broke the block, if I then placed a new block as I was picking up broken block, sometimes the replacement block would disappear and go back into inventory (cancelled action, you could call it)

3 Likes

This is happening to me also, same as @fidach while building and the first slot in smart stack is empty of the current block i am placing.

Example : if i am placing igneous brick and they are in a smart stack and i break a sedimentary bricks, it will take places in the empty slot and will change that block you are holding for the sedimentary. Then if you are placing a block while picking it up it would cancel the placement.

I’ll post a video about this since it’s easily reproducible.

This was happening before the last patch.

I don’t know if the same as me, but when i place blocks at the highest speed, sometime i feel client side isn’t syncing properly and the blocks are invisible. If i place another block they will appear.

I think mine’s different. Some of the blocks are placed and visible, with spots missing on the areas where the grass is longer than just the surface coloring

Video

2 Likes

fixing this now.

side-effect of the pick-up system now using the “flexible stacking” that quick-move uses… which seems to trigger a re-equip of the held item (doesnt need to in this case, but does anyways), and since we dont do prediction on picking up the items the client mispredicts when you place a block whilst server-side was busy re-equipping.

9 Likes

A Workaround until the fix arrives is:
Have 2 stacks of the block to be placed and use the 2nd in the inventory row to place with, whilest the first has room to collect any dug out blocks of the same Kind. This will not cancel block Placement.

Update edit: After some more testing the Workaround is not working correctly either. 1st Stack Needs to be less then 100 to not cancel block Placement. Sorry.

1 Like

I’m still having this issue. With every update comes more glitchyness. I’m not sure why. Is there still a patch for this coming?

1 Like

I was gonna report it but I guess it’s under control. It happens when the block you are about to place gets replaced by a block you are picking up at the same time.

i can confirm i never had this before and now more often been playing no different then before update

Never was fixed on my end. Is there any update?

it wasnt in the patch on friday

1 Like

Ok, do you know when it will be fixed? Not sure how much of a issue this is for you to fix?

its fixed, it just wasnt in the patch on friday. I’m not responsible for the release schedules so cant say when, but presumably the next patch would include it.

5 Likes

Ahh I understand now. Thank you for replying. :slight_smile:

thank goodness for that…pain in the behind.

Any word on when the patch is coming. I got a update today, still having this issue.

I wonder if this issue is the same as the one I have when placing blocks to remove sudden lave when mining. I place the block quickly after I had removed the block (to prevent lava pouring on me), but then sometimes the block disappears again and the lava keeps pouring out of the hole and I quickly have to put another block.

Yep. That’s exactly the situation I was in for the original post. :sweat_smile: