New worlds feedback

Some feedback about the new worlds seems to be needed I feel.

The bad:

1. The resources on three of the new worlds far exceed the others and what the older worlds have by a large amount.

Galan is probably the biggest example with topaz while Houchus 1 is similar with sapphires and even Malurialkrib, seriously who comes up with these names, is outshining Serpensarindi in the diamond department.

Granted these are tier 6 worlds so that could be the reason for Houchus but that does not explain the other two.

I have been told the older worlds were like that at a bit more when first released and eventually ran low like we have now but that does not explain why the other 3 are so much lower compared to these three.

Glowing lamella from all the planets it seems but especially flan is another example here.

This kills the reason to travel to a lot of the original high level worlds for many because of the high amount of resources the new ones offer over the older ones.

Perhaps over time we will see their numbers drop so we can only watch and see if that happens.

1. What is up with the insane monster spawn rates in part of the worlds?

This has been talked about on discord often that certain areas seem to spawn enemies far faster then normal and it’s at the point where building can be near impossible even with a decent amount of control points, especially for hoppers who seem to ignore this a lot more, to the point you need 1-2 people killing them at all times to keep the area clear.

The only thing I can figure is with a lot of “unique” terrain where there is not much flat or decent area for them to spawn it forces them to increase their spawn rates in more flatter areas to the point of far too much excess and if that’s the case then a minimal spawn distance and timer may need to be added or increased.

1. The blink sec distance for these new worlds is somewhat of an issue.

The major hubs have got the portals up and running very fast however the game mechanics with where the planets are have made this extend the amount of portals people have to go through.

As you can see from the information people have posted such as this image you see the issue:

Right now you have to connect to these new worlds to either Alcyon for most or Alnitans for one of them for the hubs to minimize oort usage or to even reach them.

This means even after you travel to either of them then you have to go through multiple others of the new worlds to reach some in most cases such as in the case of Norkyna.

This can mean a lot of travel time for people who have bases on tier one or two worlds and even with how quick portal hopping can be it’s still an issue and even more so when the servers may be lagging or for those that have issues.

Granted being able to go from a tier one world directly to a tier 6 because of small distance that makes portals available will be serious issues for newer players who cannot survive there and shouldn’t happen.

Especially for Australian players who got these nice 3 new worlds to farm resources on but have no way to get to them outside of going through multiple portals outside of their regions.

If this continues when more high level worlds are added it will only get worse and while this encourages people to make small outposts on these new worlds and that is a good thing it also makes transferring a lot of resources a hassle with the current inventory space and can make it more of a chore to get around.

The good:

1. Some of these new worlds have incredible terrain such as the water on Houchus surrounding sunken land mass and others as we have seen from the screenshots and while some have similar color patterns others are a very nice addition to the game.

2. New gleam colors and black glass are great for building with and I cannot wait to see what gets built with them and some of the new colors found on these planets.

3. The urge to explore is back.

4. Lag wise these new worlds seem be be performing very well. Even the Australian servers do not seem as laggy as the original ones for me as an US east player and seem very playable.

Feel free to post any issues you may have or feedback and what I commented about.

5 Likes

They have abundant resources, but are a pain to get to at the moment. This seems quite a fair trade off to me.

The Aussies not having a way to go from low tier to their own high tier worlds without warping is unfortunate indeed, hopefully when more mid level planets are dropped they will receive a few stepping stones

4 Likes

I could understand that if that was the case for all of the new planets and not just 3 of them.

These three outshine even three of the newer worlds that have similar issues or the other two tier 6.

Plus I would not call Alcyon or even Cardass in parts a walk in the park for being able to get around.

To clarify, i agree that theres a discrepancy within the same tier which feels a bit off. At the same time i wouldnt mind all the higher tier planets receiving a bit of a boost at the cost of extra warp distance - this will make portal access a pain but do-able.

I think the way that planets drop progressively means its very hard to plan a universe map ahead of time; and unless they are all the same would invariably favour or hamper people in some way or another.

Maybe once the 3x3 crews have chewed them up a bit things will look different… :man_shrugging:

*spins up dusty forge…

1 Like

Those monster hot spots sound like they’ll be great for mob farming. Create a way to funnel them into a kill zone and reap the rewards :grin:

3 Likes

I got only 1 char. 0 points in hp . I rambo T6 anyday

6 Likes

I don’t understand why people complain when we get something good.
We have been asking for more planets and more resources.
Be happy that your gathering sessions don’t take as long now!
Be happy that the other planets can finally regenerate some proper numbers!
Be grateful!
I even think the drop rates could use a bit of improvement or maybe luck skill.

But still this was a balance in the right direction.

21 Likes

What he said

3 Likes

Yup, agreed. Not all planets are created equal, and just traveling around on some, the terrain and monsters make up for resource ease. (I actually found some amethyst and glowing lamella!!!)

Only real issue I agree on is the warping around you have to do for the Australian worlds.

I love these new planets, and regardless of their shiny newness, that doesn’t mean the older t5 and t6 planets will be abandoned.

1 Like

We live in an interesting world :smiley:

I love the new planets…I’m almost done making the atlases & have built a few bases. I love having all of the resources & creature spawns.

I’ve found that certain times are great for building on a T6…I can build for what seems hours without being bothered by a creature. Then there are sometimes I have to bring a friend for pest control or I have to go do something else because the creatures keep spawning in the area & I can’t get anything done. It’s a T6…I feel that it should be difficult and I’m fine with it.

I think there should be variation…planets shouldn’t all the be same, nor offer the same % of resources. T6 should be far off & difficult to get to. There are plenty of portal networks set up already.

I’m a weirdo bc I love Alcyon, built a place there with no problem. I love to hunt there. I mine diamonds & titanium there with no problem. I found a huge flat area on the ground. There’s a nearby lava lake that I check for dead roadrunners, etc.

Hoppers are one of my favorites to kill. Especially when they are in a group. They are super easy & I get tons of hopper cores. They stop when you hit them once & are basically paralyzed. They also get stuck in water and lava easily…I can just sit there and pick them off.

7 Likes

Surprisingly enough, getting something good doesn’t mean it’s perfect. Thus people point out ways in which is can be improved. Also adding in basic stuff that should have been their from the beginning doesn’t magically excuse the fact that it was missing in the first place along with a whole lot of other content that still hasn’t arrived months after being released with said content in the marketing. So sorry to say, people have every right not to be overcome with happiness and be critical of what we are given.

1 Like

well i do think they’ve reached a good balance here, so I am happy with it.

I can finally have a chance to find something.
I’ve found my first gems period since launch day. first shimmering orb, first shadow orb.

it was a good day.

5 Likes

I’m not so sure it’s necessary for the worlds of a given level to have well balanced resources. Generally, we all have access to all the worlds (minus networking issues). I think I’d rather see variety

And, due to resource spawn mechanics, the shape of terrain has a huge impact on the amount of resources found on a particular world

6 Likes

I am hopeful that as time goes on and these new planets get plundered the resource concentration may go down. Leaving some time for the original planets to increase the concentration of their resources, as they will not be hit as hard by gatherers, a balancing of sorts.

As it sits now I think the extra effort to get to the new planets is the trade-off for the resources that can be gathered. Fair or unfair? I guess that’s for the player to decide.

I personally love the new planets and look forward to exploring them.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t really consider walking through a couple of extra portals any real considerable effort on the players part to get to these new worlds. However it kinda defeats the point of adding new worlds to every region to balance that out but then making it impossible to get to the planets from those regions.

2 Likes

Malurialkrib is probably the most beautiful planet so far with all these ruins.

2 Likes

The players should adapt to the ever changing universe; the universe shouldn’t adapt to the order the players have already established. If new planets don’t fit the existing categorization of the portal hubs then the hubs need to adapt. If serp isn’t diamond capital then diamond miners need to adapt. Etc

8 Likes

Houchus 1 is a giant ruin in itself. Lots of pillars supporting masses of land. Pretty cool. Kinda makes me want to make a venice style build Iol

2 Likes

Perhaps this is just coincidence but I seem to note fewer spawns during active meteorites. So if I don’t want to be bothered I run around the area near but out of aggro range, get an active meteor then go back. If you get a couple going it seems to greatly reduce local spawns. Unless some enterprising Oort comes clears them of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like