News: Vote#4 results posted

you have to pay oortstone every time you open a portal, also when building it, so i doubt people are gonna be doing that.

you nver know how lucky it may be to get them remember they said it was through mining, and if it is as rare as diamonds on minecraft they wont be that hard to come across.

1 Like

well if they are outside a beacon you can just destroy the frame you know? they need to be in a special frame, so as i said its not really gonna be a problem…

1 Like

I chose dev made capitals because I assumed that if I chose the other option, no capital would exist.

2 Likes

actually not really, they dont have frames and that is so then people can create their own.

the portals are rifts, they don’t need frames, your your tearing a area in space and time

Lawyered. more info here.

https://forum.oortonline.com/t/design-about-oort-shards-portals-and-warps/422

67% for dev cit…WHAT?
Well in that case the devs will have to sacrifice their weekends to play their own game and build houses :smile:
Maybe they could copy the best alpha city builds into 1.0 as first spawing point for everyone. I can imagine that it would be nice to “wake up” in a small city and not on a beach (Minecraft) or in the wildness (Rust)

I´m also courious how they will make a titan fight last for an hour (first question). In WoW (and other MMORPGs) a bossfight usually takes about 10 min but there are several bosses per raid and plenty of trash between them thus making a raid a time consuming activity. In Oort we only have one titan and no trashpacks to clear in order to face it.
Also I think its safe to say that no player can take a 1 hour long bossfight but being able to take down a titan in 10 minutes would also be lame.
So what to do?
I could imagine that a titanfight will be phase based and after each phase (~10 min for skilled groups) the titan gets stunned or is “de-aggroed” by something else, so your group has a chance to catch a breath (going to the toilet IRL, etc) and after engaging him again he attacks your group with a new set of abilities.
In addition (if the devs are sadistic) you could have to start in phase 1 after every wipe instead of just retrying the phase you wiped in.

1 Like

Personally i would like to have capitals on all tier 1 worlds, and then when you go to tier 2 you are placed in a random location on that world. but while i would like it, it would be a bit problematic i imagine to find your friends and stuff on the server.

EDIT:
its a bit of a mix isnt it? if everybody spawns in the same area when logging into the game it might feel too focused kinda on that one area, while if they spawn random places it will split people out over the world, which might lead to almost no focus on a specific area, its a bit tricky isnt it?

maybe a kind of teleportation circle?

like 50 spread over the world, so you can end in 1 of 50 random places which huddles up people a bit without geting them too collected? dunno, just a random thought.

4 Likes

how about a system with no breaks kinda like SAO ‘Deplete it’s health to a certain extent and its fight style will completely change because it is fighting for it’s life’

I feel like a spam bot, it says “Worlds should have a developer designated capital”

At no point does it say Dev Built or even controlled or anything other then designated.

2 Likes

You think you are able to fight a boss for 1 hour without a break?

1 Like

i took part in a 4 hour long 12 man trial in ESO. i can go for that long.

how to do it… drink 2 litres of water an hour before the fight, you will go to the toilet before you enter, you then collect drinks and food and lay them next to you, then do it to your hearts extent most likely in a all nighter, like i normally would.

1 Like

There could be a compass showing into the direction of a friend you have chosen from the list (with token) or just a tool that gives coordinates. Also, if moving to a new tier you may have the option to travel in a group or by having the option to go to a beacon of which you got a token on that tier. So people would have the option to go to talk random, to a specific location (when already conquered by a friend) and also if they go alone or in a group.

this sounds like Altheim Online from SAO

Close. its almost the original SAO system that was found in Aincrad, not Alfheim.

1 Like

marked for convenience

If the titans have very slow health regen it could make it more interesting. People will try and fail, come and go, rest and etc then come back and continue later.

Otherwise, the titans could be put into raid instances that timeout after a week or something like that. Finding a group to play at the same time for hours will leave most players high and dry.

1 Like

the game though is called Alfheim Online and leads off by him choosing an area but it glitches and sends him elsewhere

You can supposedly use player tokens to warp to players (hope that will be balanced) but i imagine its just a portal you spawn, lets say its open for 30 seconds, everybody who walks through (who have high enough tier) will end at the same spot, so it would just be a question about timing i imagine.

1 Like

designate
[v. dez-ig-neyt; adj. dez-ig-nit, -neyt]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
verb (used with object), designated, designating.
1.to mark or point out; indicate; show; specify.
2.to denote; indicate; signify.

Marked for convenience.

1 Like