News: Vote#4 results posted

Dont beacons protect us from creatures? Thats the only thing i dont understand with the " creatures only attack in the wilderness", other then the capitials, arent we always in the wildnerness?

probably meaning can the protectors and creatures take a stroll into your land and ruin your crops…

Thanks Ben! The only result I am not too happy about with is the monsters should not attack you at home.

I think building a home that can withstand monster attacks is a very fun part of the game. Not having that makes it a little lame to me.

I can understand people not wanting the creeper effect blowing up their work, but there should be middle ground on that. I think many might have been concerned about the creeper effect, so I suggest a new pole that specifically excludes massive block destruction (maybe just doors).

1 Like

As long as we keep our shards im fine with that sort of penalty, because dying without even being able to get back to the place to pick your stuff up would be too much of a penalty

And id honestly just lurk on forums and twitter and ambush people all day whenever they die or are alone XD

1 Like

I think it may be vague on purpose, there are multiple ways to handle it.

• Blocks that repulse creatures
  • Beacons repulsing creatures
  • Creatures not spawning or being able to enter buildings
2 Likes

Another game I tried recently used fire as creature deterrent. It worked better than expected because fire cost fuel. So people were stingy with it. I really liked that way of thinking.

2 Likes

if that happens then we could also get braziers are a light source to build :slight_smile:

your beacon should be your safezone, i think the beacon should be ‘‘finally here’’ and you know you can be safe, if not then what would the point of beacons be? that you cant get it destroyed by other players?

Why not have multiple beacon types? And you only get 1 safe beacon, the rest can be outpost or whatever the types are. I don’t want people to be too safe especially after T1 worlds.

Exactly, beacons are protection from the worst kind of MOB, the other player. BTW: some Mob’s are desirable to have inside a beacon as pets and etc.

1 Like

No its a safe zone i can understand your point as a minecraft player, but the point of having i a beacon is protecting your stuff meaning that it should also protect from wildlife that could destroy it, maybe there will be better or worse beacons, some protect only from regen while others are compltely immune.

also pets have nothing to do with the discussion, it was basically about getting smacked in your beacon if that should happen or not. ofc we should have pets, im hoping for a 3 headed guardian dog XD

In MC, the only safe zone is a well lit one. If it is not broken, don’t fix it.

1 Like

oh yeah… minecraft that is a connected world between all players playing it… oh wait, its not.

i liked somebody on the other forum who said we could have runes or totem that would ward away monsters, i think thats an epic idea as long as they dont need constant charging :smile:

1 Like

I think that capitals should only be in first tier worlds. Those would be hubs to gather and trade then when wanting to reach the broad mass.

On higher tiers it should be more dangerous and the people should have to make their own safe havens. If those get bigger they will become capital like cities which then will be linked to many places through portals.

2 Likes

portals is also something im worrying about, especially with spam wise, its all cool but when people end up plopping them everywhere itl get annoying, i think portals should only be placed in beaconed areas

1 Like

you have to pay oortstone every time you open a portal, also when building it, so i doubt people are gonna be doing that.

you nver know how lucky it may be to get them remember they said it was through mining, and if it is as rare as diamonds on minecraft they wont be that hard to come across.

1 Like

well if they are outside a beacon you can just destroy the frame you know? they need to be in a special frame, so as i said its not really gonna be a problem…

1 Like

I chose dev made capitals because I assumed that if I chose the other option, no capital would exist.

2 Likes

actually not really, they dont have frames and that is so then people can create their own.

the portals are rifts, they don’t need frames, your your tearing a area in space and time