Next Update: Melee Combat is Coming!

Awesome :clap: :clap: :clap:
just missing a nice pair of sandals
image :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This! This so bad!

2 Likes

Well, colour me excited! I usually play sword and board classes so this is a game changer for me!

2 Likes

Will definitely have to be expanding my shop stands at Forgers Avenue!

3 Likes

Oh snap… imma boop some elite goats right on the snoot with a stone mace.

5 Likes

For some light gameplay overview;

Melee Weapons: Hits targets in a cleave cone in front of the target, with various Melee Weapons having different reach and ability to hit more targets. We have also added glancing blows for units towards the edge of the cone. :alloymace: :gemsword:

Shields: Raise your shield to block incoming damage from a frontal direction. Absorbing damage causes stamina to drop. :metalshield:

31 Likes

Hurray! Can’t wait for swords!

1 Like

I haven’t been as excited since the farming update! :grin::tada:

so basically trap meteor spawns in a pit, and go nuts on the mobs in the hole? got it.

isn’t it generally the other way around in those games that sport ‘accurate melee combat’ things? faster swing speed on the edge of your sword compared to the blade closer to the hilt, doing more damage?

tenor

tenor (1)

tenor (2)

6 Likes

I hope we can still do dmg with the shield?
I mean not directly but i would assume mobs are taking dmg as they hit our shield?

2 Likes

Will there be a shield with the ability to do something like a LoZ Mirror Shield? (Bounce back certain blast attacks back at the enemy?)

4 Likes

I actually suggested this while back i think it was When i talked about auras too.

2 Likes

Not a bad first email to read this morning. Not bad at all!

2 Likes

Auras would be awesome too. Different buffs for certain things and maybe a gfx effect (like in RuneScape).

2 Likes

yes there is a method!

11 Likes

When will this be released?

1 Like

Turtle squad confirmed.

4 Likes

Any chance of a dash, dash strike, dodge, shadow step, or some kind of movement aid/ability to help with closing ground to target and or getting out of sticky situations? I could see that being a lot of fun and useful in many situations.

Certainly a fair bit of that functionality can be emulated with grapples… but it can be a bit punishing if you accidently grapple a creature / player and are left wondering why you are not flying to your destination as expected… also there are only 2 hands to go around… maybe we could grow some extras???

7 Likes

We need a “Testudooooo!” emote now