NMS now has crossplay! Post your NMS friend code!

You can find your friend code on the multiplayer screen

2 Likes

Hehe, yep, beat ya to it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This really is great news - the combo of this and Game Pass! :+1: Would be very curious how much the numbers go up on the overall player base, guessing quite a lot! Lot of people with Game Pass who might have been scared away by early, negative stuff that might now fire it up and find themselves very pleasantly surprised. :slight_smile: And it has always been a very beautiful, chill game to explore in.

Xal had a great idea in the other thread too - we could get a true Boundless community planet going. :smiley: There are now more than a few of us who play both, and I’m more convinced than ever the NMS base is the best place to recruit Boundless players (and seen Boundless players get into NMS!). We build up a nice planet and promote it, could be very good visibility, get the attention of a lot of players on Twitter and Reddit perhaps. LOT of overlap in the fanbases I’ve seen as far as what we like and such goes. Anyways, my goal now is to find some good planets to nominate for it. :wink: Have a civilization going around it perhaps!

… However, just PS4 for my social playing on it right now, unless I renew Gold. Which I might, I let it lapse. As I said in the other thread, was thinking of Game Pass, which would have renewed that - but I already own Xbox version, which lets me play Win 10… except found out computer doesn’t meet min specs. :frowning: Sad face. Might still do Game Pass for just Xbox, and it is a good deal really - just so backlogged as it is.

Anyways, once I get PS4 updated later I’ll post my FC! :slight_smile: And if I renew Gold (I DO play NMS mostly on Xbox now) will post that code as well!

1 Like

Now that it’s crossplay we should totally make a boundless community.

Maybe we can find a group of unnamed planets near each other that have palettes similar to the 50 boundless planets, or at least to some of them, and we can name them all! Could be quite an endeavor to find a good region of space with boundless matching planets, but it would be so cool!

3 Likes

I have a jillion coin in NMS and a carbon farm, maybe we can make a bunch of giant cube structures that look like boundless-creatable shapes!

1 Like

Yep - The Boundless Civilization! :grin:

We will have to be aware of other civilizations out there when we look at places - I think it should be in Euclid for sure, but we wouldn’t want to put it near the Galactic Hub or anything, step on anybody’s toes. Lot easier to travel now anyways. I figure we can post candidates, take a look around.

I had a REALLY good one just recently out towards the edge on Xbox, pics in the NMS screenshot thread - but I already named it Paka, lol, so that’s out for us. :grin: Other than lacking diplos (which would be ideal, get visitors!) it is perfect - great weather, beautiful colors, lots of rainbows! But it will be fun scouting for others. :wink:

1 Like

Seems like the console players can see/visit each other, but PC players can’t yet. I’ll log on tonight and see what’s up.

I came across another beautiful lush paradise planet yesterday with :star_struck: sparkly blue water. I’m like 3 galaxies out from Euclid tho. lol It’s cool. I can easily use the portal in any space station to go back and forth. Unless yall want a free jump to few galaxies away :grin:

I tend to avoid the mission planets and populated places because trolls always come along and dig holes, traps, add obstructions, etc. I don’t care for that stuff.

3 Likes

Nice on the planet find, awesome!! :grin::+1: And oh yeah - I haven’t done any of the missions, but when I see people tweeting about the trolls it makes me so sad! :frowning: Shame people have to be like that.

Got the PS4 update downloading now… about 4 hours with my bad connection, grr, haha!

2 Likes

triangulynn alliance logo:

Spent a long time making the logo replication :stuck_out_tongue:

@LunaiHunter we need to get you on a real graphics program :slight_smile:
Illustrator is best but it’s pricey. Try out Inkscape, I think you’ll like it a lot. It’s free.

https://inkscape.org/

Photoshop & Gimp are the most widely used/accepted web graphics programs.

Illustrator serves specialty/business/production purposes beyond regular web graphics. It’s used to create vector art.

Gimp is really cool too

Lunai is into line art though, thought she’d enjoy Inkscape particularly. No line smoothing tool in gimp (well there sorta is but it’s not the same as Inkscape)

They are all good, just for different purposes.
Gimp & Photoshop = web graphics & sometimes simple things like business cards
Inkscape (not for professional purposes), Corel & Illustrator = production/commercial art for things like billboards, product packaging, vectorizing raster art for die cut decals, embroidery, etc.

i like using paint :slight_smile: here is some of my artwork:
Adorablehopper
lol a hopper with cute eyes.

and that is a taste of my paint skills!

3 Likes

My NMS friend code is HMTR-Y2MX-MTZWT

@majorvex @bucfanpaka

2 Likes

Thanks!! Here is mine for PS4! :smiley: Assuming it is the same across all characters? I went back and loaded this file earlier which I might go back to - not as rich, much further out from the center.

fc

1 Like

Fireangel has NMs?

Not sure there - that might just be showing me all my PSN friends there? Looks like I might not have any NMS friends, cry :cry::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll be your friend :heart:

1 Like

Added! :grin: Thanks!!

… Though I’m still not sure how that list works, lol. It does look to be all my PSN friends, and I know some of them DO have NMS… maybe they just appear on the right when they’re online in NMS?

Anyways, picked up a 3 mo Gold card so I’ll add my Xbox code later. :smiley:

Ok, here is my Xbox code-