No more Forums for VIKINGS GUILD

We really like letting the community know when we are having Events. The Vikings Guiild now will be posting all Events in discord from now on. A few have so generously told us their opinion and I guess that is what this Forum Platform is for. So If you want to know upcoming Events join our discord because we will not be posting on here from now on. We can’t even give 20 Million Coin away without someone turning our posts into random drama everytime. So if you want to know about any Upcoming Events you will have to see it on Discord. The discord info is on a sign in the Valhalla Malll and at the Valhalla Hub.
There are no advertisement-only or read-only posts available to users.
It is a public forum. This what we were told is another reason we will be using Discord. When we post an Event it turns into a what we do wrong convo and we are not interested in drama. So see you in discord and STAY BOUNDLESS!

3 Likes

we dont need anyone to ask us what happened why we are done with fourms as guild we wont replay.

2 Likes

That’s fair. Personally, the forums have long outlived their purpose.

and who starts the drama as always without naming names. izzy think it’s pure envy what they have more they can’t do .izzy don’t mind it everyone gets what they deserve sooner or later don’t get upset about something like that.

2 Likes

I tried to join discord from the sign posted in the hub a few days ago but the link was expired

And who are you in game? Sorry I have no idea who you are or think your funny. This just proves our point.

@tarranth What’s your problem, can I help you or can’t I help you anymore? Don’t worry, I know about you. You can only shake your head. We’d rather have lovely people like Zigzag was. And we can something like giving up on you.

1 Like

There is a new one for you Ron. That should work. Sorry about that.

1 Like

I believe the thread has run its course. :smile:

4 Likes

Who am I? Your old buddy Creamyblue :stuck_out_tongue:
We had such interesting times in RINO Neighborinos.

I liked the idea behind your contest and followed it closely, including visits to the site and checking on progress.
I always appreciated Vikings achievements in game, as you established yourselves as one of the biggest and most able guilds out there.

After giving it some thought, and not without hesitation, I decided to share some thoughts, considering communication and discussion around the Mythical Creatures Contest (I refer only to what happened in the forum).

Please don’t take offense if you can, but if you must, then I can’t stop you (insult is taken, not given anyways). But most of all I say below is meant as a constructive feedback that I make based on years of watching this community and being a witness to many public contests and discussions that followed.

I saw mostly reasonable feedback and suggestion around your contest.

Contests like this have been done way before you started playing (even during EA) and people took part not only in their roles (organizers, contestants and voters) but also in discussions around. Among other things people were exchanging opinions on the best voting system and played around best ways of communication (what, how and when to post list of contestants, pictures of their builds and winners in the end).
I don’t remember anyone ever giving up because of someone’s feedback or complaining.

In the end you don’t have to listen to anyone’s complaints or opinions and keep doing contents your way. No one can force you to do voting or communication differently.
But any mature adult understands that putting something out there for all to see means readiness to feedback (and, unfortunately, sometime also uncalled for unconstructive criticism or even personal attacks from unhappy contestants, voters or just bored trolls).

Most important thing is clear communication and availability, when you do an event for community. Limiting that to guild discord doesn’t help here.
Don’t think many will be much upset by that decision, but sure some would appreciate availability of information on your projects.
You are denying them that. So maybe you don’t like doing things for ENTIRE COMMUNITY in the end, despite of what you claim here?

If you really like to do things for entire community, than any feedback won’t bother you (even if it’s unfounded criticism, or rare cases of personal attacks) and you’ll be ready to continue. In the end there will always be more people that appreciate and are happy with how your events go.

I remember only one reply from someone that could be seen as drama to a degree (from someone who took part and called it a waste of time).

All other posts (including mine) seemed to me to be only feedback, like suggesting better/clearer communication (posting winners and some screenshots and rules of voting). You don’t have to agree with any of it, but calling it drama is a stretch.

So it looks like a bit of overreaction (even if you count some over-the-line comments). Which is a pity as you clearly can offer a lot to the community when you focus on that, rather than on other people opinions (which we never have much control over).

In other words, from where I stand there was no drama around your contest, the only drama is this announcement you made here. In the end drama is not the thing that happens, but someone’s reaction to it.

4 Likes

the-brady

2 Likes

Internet pro tip: The first person to use the word “drama” in a thread or conversation is always the one with the greatest penchant for drama. It’s called gaslighting and it’s a favorite of those who seek out drama to relieve their own stress.

9 Likes