No way setup local universe?

i have notices when i trying setup local universe i notice it failed

if i have those file i could have setup running it wo issues

its not available more or less since Boundless sale

1 Like

According to Wonderstruck, it was never finished. They had issues that still needed to be worked out that were never dealt with.

1 Like

but you could play with it on testing server - however, it’s not working anymore

1 Like

“Business issues”.

AFAIK and without inside info, from what they were willing to discuss the code was basically ready with a couple of problems, mostly final balancing decisions and business issues, like the fact that downloading a planet and getting a universe going took longer than steam’s refund window.

Nonetheless all the code was integrated and they were unable to release features piecemeal.

As monumental has indicated getting that update deployed is in fact, not on their current roadmap - we’re likely to never see most of those features. They don’t update when the matter comes up so, I assume that’s still the situation.

1 Like

Honestly, I was against local universes from the start. Just grab a sovereign if you want to play with yourself…

2 Likes

I think some of the features play right into Monumental’s NPE agenda. The new skill page/ only one character needed would certainly fit into that. The most difficult part would be the consolidation of current player’s characters, skill points, plots, etc.

2 Likes

Well to be fair, they didn’t say they’re not going to use any of it or anything, just that implementing it was not a priority.

There was never any character consolidation planned that I heard of? Unless you just mean as a player trying to get your stuff onto one character, they always shut down any talk of “character consolidation”. Other than a few quick plots it would pretty much negate any actual need for alts though.

Also, melee. :woodshield: :riftsword:

2 Likes

Indeed, it was all about possibility to progress and max out a single character as an efficient way of playing.

Those who follow multi-character model, will just have many characters that can become maxed out and able to do everything without skill-pages and any limitations (like mutually exclusive epic skills).

In the new system it’s not important to have many characters to amass cubits faster, or cover different roles (hunter, miner, crafter sets of skills).

But the new skill system doesn’t make multiple characters redundant.
It would still get you different character beacons (for multiple footfall within a settlement for example).
Multiple characters allow you to be in different places at the same time (even though you can’t play them simultaneously). It saves you time and trouble of constant traveling with one character whenever you need to go somewhere else. You can simply log in with a character that is at wanted location (or closer to it than your current alt).
It can be important for some for role-playing reasons, or simply to have a chance to express oneself by having differently looking toons, without constant changing your toon’s body paint or gear. It’s like having multiple personas.

3 Likes

Multiple characters is also useful as “mules” on exo worlds.

3 Likes

i hope Monumental they will continue it and fix this i think game need malee option
to me i like play sandbox universe before i put out to real server on my sol world or my sandbox world

1 Like