No XP for finding a new location [no issue]

Rlease 149 said, “Xp reward when the player discover a new region”
However, I have not seen any XP when I find a new region.

1 Like

Was it any region in particular, or did this occur for all regions you discovered since then?

Here is not exist “Explorer” profession. And we havn’t experience for region exploring.

1 Like

All I get is the name of the region and a another 1/50. What XP should players get?

@Okkelinor has pointed out that we haven’t implemented the “Explorer” profession in the experience page yet. So while the event to reward XP is being triggered, it is not being given to your “Explorer” role as it does not exist yet.

We are working on our progression and stats system at the moment and we are likely to reset the current progression progress when we add the full objectives set and skill trees to get feedback from players and to see how balanced the system is.

4 Likes

OK, that makes sense. Thanks @Okkelinor and @luke-turbulenz

1 Like

When you say reset the current progression progress does that mean we will go back to lvl 1 in all roles? Will we lose all plots we have received so far?

It does depend. We’ll need to put some more thought behind this as and when we get closer. Hopefully in Early Access this would just be a level reset, not a plot reset.

But we need accurate information for a new user, so we would need to be sure they haven’t got any plots filled with high end machines, coins and all the items they’ve previously gathered and stored in their machines and shelves. We reckon we’d get this information from the steady flow of new users joining the game anyway without affecting the existing users.

The other option is a “New Character” button to create a new character and that will give us fresh data. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My army of alts will be born! hopefully extra character slots over and above what are reasonable will be something considered for the cash shop.

It also begs the question as to whether beacons/plots would be account bound or character bound? ie could my explorer live/access/upgrade my builders house or would be need to give our alts access to our beacons and would that require logging on 2 alts at the same time, will that ever be possible?

1 Like

Character bound but you can make them members of the beacon to make changes and access items. You wouldn’t be able to play two characters on the same account simultaneously.

3 Likes

Right now you can only add friends to beacon - which requires you to meet the person in game to add them to your friends list first it looks like. We can’t physically meet our alts in game.

I’m assuming it means some tweaks to the beacon friend adding to enable us to add our alts then? Or our alts automatically being added on our friends list to solve this?

They will appear on the Beacon privilege list under a character category. So you’ll likely have guild, groups, friends and characters when it comes to setting privileges.

2 Likes

As an altoholic, I like the option of having multiple characters.