Non-laggy Boundless variant of Minecraft's Redstone

Man, I just want some automation. I want to make big, complicated doodads that do stuff when you activate them. I want to feel like an electrician or an engineer. Ugh I’m dying. :’(

I know all the reasons why something exactly like Redstone couldn’t work in Boundless. I just want to start a dialogue and see if anybody has any ideas of how to make it work in Boundless. Redstone is legitimately my favorite thing about Minecraft.

8 Likes

try factorio :smiley:

I miss the sticky pistons. I really liked doing hidden rooms

1 Like

It’s been some time. Can we talk about “Redstone” for Boundless again? XD

I want to make big, secret “piston” doors in Boundless for my base. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I doubt we can get a non laggy version unless it’s limited Like mesh blocks.

1 Like

Oortian magic. In other words wireless redstone

1 Like

We start out with Oortian magic and as we progress it becomes more and more like Oortian technology.

1 Like

I’d be fine with limits. :slight_smile: They could play around with their “Oortian Redstone” mechanics until they found a good limit to keep things from being laggy due to it, and then we could all make some automatic contraptions in our bases if we liked. :smiley:

I like the idea of the citizens of Boundless coming across more of their ancient technology that allows for some simple automation processes, and we learn to craft them. We already have some of their ancient tech. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What if “oortstone pistons” or whatever other mechanical mech block used up more towards the mesh limit. Like, each block is equivlent to 16 or 32 mesh items, in order to help prevent lag?

1 Like

I’d just like something that can auto load my machines from my storage.

1 Like

Don’t forget we basically already make use of “oortian magic” as in portals.
We use them for the first time we go to our first world. :wink: yes we know in a base line how they work but its still a mystery as in how we first obtained the ability to blinksec travel. As the first Oortian we meet doesn’t say a lot and just stands there.

1 Like

The fact that we already have both magic and expanding technology in this world could lead to some really cool “Redstone”-like automated mechanics. :slight_smile: I don’t know if we’ve ever heard from the devs on their stance toward something like this being in Boundless, but I think there is a TON of potential.

1 Like

True yust hoping they will expand on the idea as in “Oortian magic/technology” would love if we could get something like on world travel. Like mine carts in MC.
Wouldn’t even mind if we could tame animals and ride them. But don’t like the MC version for that would rather have the ability to train them so they gain skill points or so.

The one thing I really miss is my auto storage system. Sorting everything thing and even had the automated farms hooked up to it😉

3 Likes

Don’t get me started, I could write a novel about this topic :drooling_face:

I don’t know a lot about the back-end of what stresses a server, but I’m sure things like buttons to open things, an item that sucks up entities, and pressure plates etc, I would have thought these things wouldn’t cause as much lag as pistons moving blocks, which If we had those, I would be making some mad stuff.

I do look forward to seeing where the devs go in the direction of technical Boundless. Right now we have:

• Doors and Trapdoors with (auto-toggle)
  • Ice/Slime
  • Flowing Liquids
  • Trampoline Blocks

These are all awesome, and my favourite ‘blocks’ in Boundless :slight_smile:

5 Likes