Noob Help - Warp Conduit [Solved]

I’ve just started the tutorial, and I’m already stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

The tutorial had me pick up a light cube - check
The tutorial had me pick up 2 items and make a totem.

The tutorial says to go up the conduit and hit ‘E’ and pick a place to go. However, if I go to it and hit E, it just goes to my inventory. Also, the conduit says ‘Invalid Warp Configuration’. There were only three tasks, so I don’t think I skipped anything.

Any help would be most welcome

1 Like

You need to pick Warp Conduit block up, take it in your hand, place to unfinished gate by your right or left side and after hit ‘E’ on finished gate. Gate must be rectangular shape.

1 Like

the items you combined were a warp augment and a totem. when combined, you need to point it at a planet to choose a destination to warp to.
You also need to place the conduit and complete the portal shape. after you place the conduit, interact with the portal, it will let you choose a destination

3 Likes

Where do i get the conduit? I’ve picked up a total of three items. I don’t see a forth. Sorry if I seem dense, but this is puzzling/aggravating me.

no worries. the conduit is the block. should be the third item
technically called “Warp Conduit”

2 Likes

So read description by @ctrl-64. Combine totem and augment, shoot by totem into planet.

1 Like

How to complete a tutorial step by step:grin:

ha, thx all.

I wasn’t looking up and seeing the planets!

woot, off I go.

4 Likes

I’m not a newbie and had the same problems when I created a new character with the new tutorial. First problem I had was the one you are having. Being experienced I looked around for the warp conduit to place. It wasn’t there. So, I used the totem (with the augment already on) to pick a spot on a planet even though it wasn’t telling me to do that. I just couldn’t think of anything else to do. Then I wandered around and suddenly there was the warp conduit block. I then placed it and could warp.

Next big problem was when it told me to go to the exchange for something. It said on the menu, so, I hit Esc as always and no exchange or knowledge there. I went doing various things and suddenly had the exchange on screen as an option. I did what I was supposed to do. A little later it said to go to the exchange again. I hit Esc again and still not there. So, I tried every letter key on my keyboard and didn’t find it. Then I went to non-letter keys and when I hit TAB then the correct menu came up. I quit shortly after that for the day. Hopefully they add in something to tell you how to bring up the menu with the exchange, knowledge, etc.

Don’t feel bad you couldn’t make it through. The tutorial definitely needs a little help from what I saw last night on testing. Keep commenting on anything not working. They are great developers and the comments are how they find many problems to fix.

1 Like

It wasn’t there at the point you were. Try picking a spot on a planet with your totem and then wander around until you see a black cube on the floor at the far end from where you entered halfway between the two warps. It worked for me last night.

When you pick a spot on the planet, the npc guy drop it on the floor in front of him.

1 Like